Should I be worried??

Discussion in 'Photographic Discussions' started by ChickenFriedRyce, Jun 27, 2008.

1. ChickenFriedRyce

ChickenFriedRyce TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    Okay so you guys know how on Flickr you can check others' photos and add them as favorites, comment, etc. I'm pretty active on Flickr also.

So to my point! I uploaded a photo today and I got tons of comments and 3 favorites (I'm not going to be surprised if it's on Explore tomorrow). I read all my comments and check and see who favorites my photos.
    I saw one user, Emporer Dalek, and decided to check his profile. He's been a member since 2003, and uses a P&S. Then I was curious and went to his Favorites. I looked at the first page and saw mine there :)D) and then saw he had a lot of similar photos. The first page was full of photos that had bare hands in them. So I decided to check out the second page. Hands. EVERYWHERE. Then.... I see that he has 46 pages of favorites with nothing but HANDS. I've never heard of this fetish. O.O

I read a few months ago about a discussion here about a Flickr user who took pictures of his daughter and someone had favorited a photo of her. And then he checked that person's favorites and nothing but young, small girls were in his favorites.

This is kind of freaking me out. Any thoughts?

2. christopher walrath

christopher walrath No longer a newbie, moving up!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    If you feel the need, then report him. They probably won't do anything but there will at least be a flag waving out there somewhere.

Hope no one discovers my peanut butter fetish.

3. craig

craig TPF Noob!

Of course the obvious answer is: if you are worried about your photos or have any inhibitions; do not post on that web site. As far as I can figure Flickr is all about photo sharing. Keep an open mid and share your photos. Plan on them being ripped off and or misconstrued. This way you will not be disappointed when things go south.

Love & Bass

4. Garbz

Garbz No longer a newbie, moving up!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    From the BBC series Coupling - "To men it's not just a right hand, it's a whole relationship."

I guess he's cheating on his hand :lmao:

On a serious note there really is nothing you can inferr from this. It may be some PHD student's collection on the form of the human hand, it may be for a huge art project. It may be a fetish, but really there's a fetish for everything these days so the only way not to be freaked is to not post a photo at all.

5. mmcduffie1

mmcduffie1 TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    There are a lot of perverts in the world. We out number the rest of you. But kids and specific body parts fetishes are just weird the kids are just wrong and those people should be drawn and quartered.IMO

6. RyanLilly

RyanLilly No longer a newbie, moving up!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Just watch out for him in real life, if you meet, he might want to shake your hand! :lol:

7. Battou

Battou No longer a newbie, moving up!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    ...:biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh:

Actually, yeah, Hands are seriously difficult to draw and it's not uncommon for artiset to accumulate en masse photographs of hands for reference.

8. Hooligan Dan

Hooligan Dan No longer a newbie, moving up!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Flickr is full of strange people. I took a photo a couple months ago of a breast cancer fundraiser where local cops, firefighters, etc, strapped on womens shoes and walked a course. Tons of views of a shot I put on flickr. The other day somebody finally favorited it so I look at their profile. It's some hairy legged man-beast who only has photos of himself wearing different womens clothes and heals. Some are even of him with a skirt on and his legs spread sitting.

Disturbing. Wish I could take away the favorite.

9. Puscas

Puscas TPF Noob!

we all need a hand now and then.

I don't see a problem.

pascal

10. Mike_E

Mike_E No longer a newbie, moving up!

The Upper West Side of Mississippi (you have no i
    Photos OK to edit
    Hey, if this guy's ambidextrous any time he wanted too he could

ahhh, never mind. ;)

11. Iskalla

Iskalla TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    I really don't see the problem here... So he likes hands... And? It's just hands, they all look quite the same xD.
    It's not as if some perv added a picture of your 7 year old daughter to his little-girl-only fav gallery. It's just hands! :lmao:

12. Slaphead

Slaphead TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Thanks guys, I now know not to setup a flickr account.