Should I push?

Read the details on the Fuji S1000fd again. Fuji calls image stabilization....picture stabilization. I've had both Fuji and Canon point and shoots. I like both manufacturers. If you really want the Fuji, ask mom but be prepared to put in money of your own if it costs more and mom isn't willing to fork over the extra money.

Read the details on the Fuji S1000fd again. Fuji calls image stabilization....picture stabilization. I've had both Fuji and Canon point and shoots. I like both manufacturers. If you really want the Fuji, ask mom but be prepared to put in money of your own if it costs more and mom isn't willing to fork over the extra money.

so which is the better camera?

I have a fujifine pix f20 and the battery life is horrible. I don't know if it is just my camera or fuji in general. I carry it around in my purse and I can put it in fully charged and it will be dead when I go to use it a few days later. You may want to research that if you don't plan to buy a spare battery.

I researched my recent camera purchase (and many other electronic purchases) at www.cnet.com Although if both cameras have all the specs you want, you'd be best to go to the store and hold them both to see what you like better.

Yea I read about that, on the Fuji S1000fd you have to keep changing the batteries often

so which is the better camera?

The Fuji looks better to me from looking at the specs of both. I think the Fuji will give you more options when taking pictures and would be considered an advanced point and shoot.

I had the Fuji S5000 and I loved it. It took very good pictures but my husband bought me the Canon I have currently for Christmas last year.

I checked out the prices of both cameras and the Fuji is definitely more expensive but not by too much. If you can find reasons (good reasonable ones) that you need a better camera, you can probably convince mom to get it for you.

for a point and shoot, I have always loved canon digital cameras. My brother had a 3.0MP canon and it took WONDERFUL pictures, 4x6 were very close to film. He now has an 8mp canon and it too takes amazing pictures. I have a S3 IS (6mp) and again, amazing pictures. For a point and shoot I have one must: AA batteries. no fancy battery packs, AA is the way to go. batteries die somewhere and no access to charger? where CANT you find AA batteries?

Ill agree with reg, I hated not having manual focus as an option. It is an absolute must for macro photography. well, ok I had manual focus, but wayyy too complicated, i prefer a ring on the lens body...

if your just lookin for something to take pictures with, just let mom buy the canon, buy some good rechargeable AA (I prefer the energizer NiMh, sold at walmart) and get a sandisk Ultra II or extreme III SD card in the biggest size you can afford. 4GB for a 7.1 MP camera shooting jpeg should hold a LOT of pictures...

Read the details on the Fuji S1000fd again. Fuji calls image stabilization....picture stabilization.
It's not real IS though. It "uses higher ISO settings up to 1600 for faster shutter speeds that help reduce the effects of camera shake." (quoted from the link above)

I have a fujifine pix f20 and the battery life is horrible. I don't know if it is just my camera or fuji in general.
Must be camera specific and not Fuji in general. I have a Fuji (S5700, only 6 months old to me, but seems to be ancient now) and last time I charged the batteries was June 15th. Just used the camera today.

I've left my camera turned on for hours on a trip for work, and I'm talking like 6 hours straight, and took 200+ photos (no flash) during that 6 hours. Still had plenty of battery juice. Ran the discharge cycle that evening for 2 hours or so and they still weren't dead.

I just went to dpreview and went to the list of cameras and sorted by rating.
go through and look for the top one in your price range. Then ask about it. I don't know if thats the easiest way but, just an idea, Good luck. Or you could get an HP R817 which is what I have, they are a couple years old so I don't know if you can still get them but they are considered an advanced Point and Shoot.
http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/default.asp?view=rating.

Must be camera specific and not Fuji in general. I have a Fuji (S5700, only 6 months old to me, but seems to be ancient now) and last time I charged the batteries was June 15th. Just used the camera today.

True! My old Fuji S5000 had pretty good battery life too. I could let it sit in the camera bag, batteries in for weeks and still pull it out to take pictures no problem.

I've got a Fiji A610 and it's horrible, but I just assummed it up to poor quality batteries. I have a spare charged set sitting on the shelf, and whe I go to use them, they have already lost their charge, so it may just be everyones batteries, not the cameras. Food for thought.

True! My old Fuji S5000 had pretty good battery life too. I could let it sit in the camera bag, batteries in for weeks and still pull it out to take pictures no problem.

I've got a Fiji A610 and it's horrible, but I just assummed it up to poor quality batteries. I have a spare charged set sitting on the shelf, and whe I go to use them, they have already lost their charge, so it may just be everyones batteries, not the cameras. Food for thought.
Good food there. There was a discussion about AA batteries not long ago with someone who had a problem keeping a charge.

Since I use a lot of rechargeable AA batteries in my RC airplane controllers (micro planes that charge with the radio's batteries), I've use quite a lot of different brands. The Rayovac 2500 mah batteries are the best that I've found for the charge longevity.

Most reactions

Back