Should I sell the lens? Crazy outrageous deal! Please read

TJ K

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Ok so for fun I put my kit nikon 18-105mm on craigslist and this is an email i got from someone apparently very interested. Isn't paypal safe if I used it? LMK
Thanks

Thanks for you reply,i am located in Remsenburg city
in NY,i really need to buy this and send to my
son schooling outside the state as a gift .I have
been trying to buy this on ebay but its so very
stressful buying on ebay.I will offer you $400
so as to close the auction as soon as possible.
I will be paying through PAYPAL because i have
a verified account with paypal.So kindly get back
with your paypal email address so i can make payment
into your paypalaccount.Once payment clears,shipment
will be handled by me through my personal fedex account,
so you dont have to pay for shipment.Get back to me
if my approval is granted.I would like to see the pictures please.
Thanks

Last edited:
They asked if paypal was safe?
or you want to know if paypal is safe?

Craigslist and paypal don't mix well. Craigslist encourages to deal locally.

I would be more leary of sending money on PayPal then receiving money. If he sends you money you can put it in your account and send out the lense. I haven't heard of a seller getting ripped of on PayPal. Maybe someone else on here has. Its not like you could get a bad check or money order.

yea, send the lens out once the payment clears

i have used paypal from boyh sides, it is easy and no issues

lots of scammers scour craigslist. if it's too good to be true and out of state i'd pass.

Ok so for fun I put my kit nikon 18-105mm on craigslist and this is an email i got from someone apparently very interested. Isn't paypal safe if I used it? LMK
Thanks

Think you forgot to paste the email.

If its an offer from someone overseas. Just delete the email and move on. 100% scam!

Other than that paypal is pretty safe. But some people do hijack paypal accounts and buy stuff. It gets shipped. Then owner finds out and demands refunds. If you leave money in the paypal account, paypal will take it out and give it back to the person whose account was ripped off. Now your out your item and no cash. Paypal tells you to contact police, your on your own!

Paypal is fairly safe but not foolproof!

And like I said above. Any offer from overseas, especially on a normal product available everywhere, is 100% scam!

LOL my bad guys could have sworn i hit ctrl+V guess not here it is now though! And ya I know paypal is good that's why i'm wondering why almost 100 dollars more than the actual price of a lens and i posted it for 290 o.b.o.

DO NOT agree to this. THese are scams and I get them all the time on craigslist. They offer more than the amount and they offer to pay for shipping etc. There is never a name as you have noticed they always say Regards. and no name or thankyou. No name. IT IS A SCAM. they also never mention your item. as you notice they call it your item. PLEASE BELIEVE ME AND DO NOT DO THIS. What they do is they pay you via payal then when they get the product they tell paypal it wasn't as described and ask for their money back. TRUST ME DON't!!!!!

Eric

It's a scam. Move on.

DO NOT agree to this. THese are scams and I get them all the time on craigslist. They offer more than the amount and they offer to pay for shipping etc. There is never a name as you have noticed they always say Regards. and no name or thankyou. No name. IT IS A SCAM. they also never mention your item. as you notice they call it your item. PLEASE BELIEVE ME AND DO NOT DO THIS. What they do is they pay you via payal then when they get the product they tell paypal it wasn't as described and ask for their money back. TRUST ME DON't!!!!!

Eric

Agree 100% scam! Very bad spelling errors is one clue. Over payment is another. Personal FedEx account, right!

Delete, and move on! Don't even reply. Just delete it. They are phishing.

Eric
Thank you this is what I was thinking and that's why i said is paypal that safe i've used it before many times but knew it was possible to do that exact claim and then I get screwed over big time. Should i just play with the douche bag for a bit? or get the shipping addy and say to someone he's a scammer?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back