Showground showjumping and something else!

Overread

hmm I recognise this place! And some of you!
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.deviantart.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Finally got out with the camera again!!
Attended the Norfolk Show on a slightly windy overcast day, which some were complaining about, but not I. Nice clouds diffused the light nicely so rather than insane harsh shadows of midday and early afternoon summer I got diffuse soft nice light to work with! Course its rather boring light in some respects and the sky is a big ball of white paper.

Annnnnd its a showground so all the backgrounds were nearly all disasters, chock full of distractions and I'm sure there's some cones or poles sticking out heads and other places they shouldn't be. However despite all that I was pleased, mostly because I got focus on way more shots than normal, felt like I was getting my timing about right on the jumps and not doing too badly considering that backgrounds were distractingly bad and half the time I couldn't position where I wanted to be due to barriers/other people.

As always any critique is most welcome!

48134924318_dbaf54132d_b.jpg

48134889831_ba9116dcd7_b.jpg

48134923203_740a45d0d1_b.jpg

48134888881_60b7602151_b.jpg

Wait that's not a horse!

I like #4 :D

I too like those cloudy days, to tone down the harsh sunlight/deep shadow.

The colors that you are showing look richly saturated and vibrant. I would not worry about the backgrounds at all. I like the last photo of that small dog leaping over the obstacles.

Thanks guys! :)

The dogs was interesting to shoot because it was super popular in a smaller area so I was basically standing for one part near the railings and half crouching to get over the bar; and for the second part crouched right up to the rail trying to aim through the gaps. Suffice to say it wasn't easy so I was pleased with each shot I got that worked.

I enjoyed these photos... such a great set...

Thanks both - I seem to have gained a Collie fanbase¬!!

How DARE they bring horses to a dog show!

Great set. Especially like the timing in 2 and 3.

Most reactions

Back