Corry

Flirtacious and Bodacious
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
corryttc.blogspot.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
...anyone else use this online printing service??? I have only made two orders with them so far, but I am quite happy! I ordered a matte finish 8x10 one day, then the next day I decided I wanted to order another matte finish 8x10, and a 5x7 of the same shot. They both turned out great quality, and arrived on time...and the cost was cheap, too! Anyway...one of the 8x10's (the one that I ordered for the hurricane print donation) was bent in the corner...the whole envelope was bent, even though it had the big 'PHOTOS-DO NOT BEND' thing on it. Grrrr. Well, I sent a nice, polite email to Shutterfly...here, I'll copy and paste what I wrote:

I placed an order for an 8x10 and a 5x7 of the same picture. I recieved
them on time, and the print quality is great, however...the 8x10, the
entire envelope was bent on one corner. The print is bent and creased
(the 5x7 is fine!). I ordered this print to be sold on an ebay auction
with all proceeds going to the Red Cross to benefit Katrina victims, but
I cannot sell a bent print. Is it possible I can have this part of my
order redone?

That was last night...this morning I had an order confirmation in my inbox for a reprint at no charge. I hadn't even told them the order number or anything...they were smart enough to figure it out from the fact that I said it was the order with the 5x7...a little while later, they sent me this email:

We are sorry that your 8x10 was damaged by the US postal system. We will
be reprinting your 8x10 at no charge and hopefully this time it will
arrive unscathed. You will receive another email confirming the reprint
and then shortly afterwards the package should arrive.

I was shocked!!!! Not a question was asked!

Sorry....just had to share my amazement. Lately I have not had good luck with website customer service. :)

Oh, and I wanted to reccomend them, too. :) An 8x10 was only 3.99, plus, I think, $1.79 for shipping.

Will have to try them, thanks for the info...

Steve :thumbup:

Wow good info. I just made up my mind about who my "mail out" lab will be!

These were for digital prints, so you know. And I've only had 2 orders so far (and I am happy), but I definately reccomend at least trying them...especially if you don't have any (or few) local option, like me. There is one place in this area that has good quality prints and service, but it's 30 minutes away (that's tough when you work a lot) and an 8x10 is twice as expensive. I will still use them, just not always.

I love Shutterfly! I used to use them all the time. They're the only online printing service I've ever used that hasn't sent me damaged goods. I've gotten lots of prints off online services that have scratches in them, orange streaks etc. Never from Shutterfly :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back