Shutterfly...

Discussion in 'Beyond the Basics' started by Corry, Sep 14, 2005.

1. Corry

Corry Flirtacious and Bodacious Supporting Member

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    ...anyone else use this online printing service??? I have only made two orders with them so far, but I am quite happy! I ordered a matte finish 8x10 one day, then the next day I decided I wanted to order another matte finish 8x10, and a 5x7 of the same shot. They both turned out great quality, and arrived on time...and the cost was cheap, too! Anyway...one of the 8x10's (the one that I ordered for the hurricane print donation) was bent in the corner...the whole envelope was bent, even though it had the big 'PHOTOS-DO NOT BEND' thing on it. Grrrr. Well, I sent a nice, polite email to Shutterfly...here, I'll copy and paste what I wrote:

That was last night...this morning I had an order confirmation in my inbox for a reprint at no charge. I hadn't even told them the order number or anything...they were smart enough to figure it out from the fact that I said it was the order with the 5x7...a little while later, they sent me this email:

I was shocked!!!! Not a question was asked!

Sorry....just had to share my amazement. Lately I have not had good luck with website customer service. :)

Oh, and I wanted to reccomend them, too. :) An 8x10 was only 3.99, plus, I think, $1.79 for shipping.

2. sfaribault

sfaribault TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Will have to try them, thanks for the info...

Steve :thumbup:

3. Canon Fan

Canon Fan TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Wow good info. I just made up my mind about who my "mail out" lab will be!

4. Corry

Corry Flirtacious and Bodacious Supporting Member

Photos NOT OK to edit
    These were for digital prints, so you know. And I've only had 2 orders so far (and I am happy), but I definately reccomend at least trying them...especially if you don't have any (or few) local option, like me. There is one place in this area that has good quality prints and service, but it's 30 minutes away (that's tough when you work a lot) and an 8x10 is twice as expensive. I will still use them, just not always.

5. summers_enemy

summers_enemy TPF Noob!

I love Shutterfly! I used to use them all the time. They're the only online printing service I've ever used that hasn't sent me damaged goods. I've gotten lots of prints off online services that have scratches in them, orange streaks etc. Never from Shutterfly :)