Shuttlecocks . . . Too much manipulation?

dgs

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I'd appreciate your thoughts here. The Nelson Gallery in Kansas City has a fabulous lawn/sculpture garden that happens to be littered with 6 shuttlecocks, fifteen feet tall. They say they are whimsical <grin>. Being stricken with whimsy I juiced the hell out of this one. Do you think it works? Thanks

DSC00585_edited-2.jpg

I'll give you lots of credit for different!!!
It does have an interesting look, just not sure what kind.
Sorry, wish I could be more informative

I like it. It looks like an acrylic painting. At my local hospital, a photographer has done a whole series from Greece that uses a very similar effect to this one. I always have to do a double take to see if it's a photograph or a painting. Very creative!

I really do not like straight photoshop filters I think it is a neat subject though

I think you need to turn the hue and saturation down some. You pushed it until the colors are not natural.
Cosmo

I think this effect may have been better...if it was you who 'introduced' the shuttlecocks into the park...because this does make them (and the scene) 'faked'. If you were doing this as an abstract statement or something...then the effect works.

Knowing that they are actually there...I don't like the effect as much.

If I look at the image, trying to forget what you have told us about this place...I don't mind the effect, it's kind of neat. Not breathtaking...but neat.

Very Creative and modernistic. I like it. You've done well.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back