Sigma 150-600 Garbage

The latest Firmware is 1.1 and only improves on AF speed and has nothing to do with sharpness.

Well, I wasn't actually taking about the "firmware" of the lens, but once a joke fails that bad not much point in going back and trying to explain it. Lol

I totally got it because I play with my firmware all the time. I learned early that it's super important. :icon_lol:

sounds like you have a excuse to buy a new camera to test out the new lens and make sure it isn't bad..

Took it by the store. He said D3300 is OK, the focus is wonky in his opinion. Did the same thing on a D7200. He thinks it is back focusing. He pulled his display model off shelf and it was way better. He thinks they didn't do anything to the lens. He is sending it in. He also said I should not need to setup a custom profile via the dock to get it right. It should be right then use the dock to fine tune if I have free half of day to do it. It is tedious but pretty cool and worth the effort. It doesn't help that I am shakey either.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Took it by the store. He said D3300 is OK, the focus is wonky in his opinion. Did the same thing on a D7200. He thinks it is back focusing. He pulled his display model off shelf and it was way better. He thinks they didn't do anything to the lens. He is sending it in.

Wow. I guess that answers one of my questions earlier in the thread regarding their testing process (after so called repairs).

Took it by the store. He said D3300 is OK, the focus is wonky in his opinion. Did the same thing on a D7200. He thinks it is back focusing. He pulled his display model off shelf and it was way better. He thinks they didn't do anything to the lens. He is sending it in.

Wow. I guess that answers one of my questions earlier in the thread regarding their testing process (after so called repairs).
Well, they did do something because it will at least focus on a tripod now, not very well but it didn't do that the first time. I wanted him to take it back but he wouldn't. I would have used the credit for something else. Oh well, I get it. Hopefully they get it right this time.

Well, they did do something because it will at least focus on a tripod now, not very well but it didn't do that the first time. I wanted him to take it back but he wouldn't. I would have used the credit for something else. Oh well, I get it. Hopefully they get it right this time.

Or maybe have him take it back and use the credit to buy the display model assuming it works properly

Sent from my N9518 using Tapatalk

Or maybe have him take it back and use the credit to buy the display model assuming it works properly

I tried that, he wouldn't. He noticed my hand tremors and said that doesn't bode well for a long zoom. I used to take medicine for it but too many side affects. It comes and goes, more so when I am not sleeping well, which has been going on for a month now. The sleep medicine makes for drowsy driving the next day.

Oh, held a Pentax 67 today. What a monster of a camera. I've seen them on eBay and never realized how massive they are. He wanted 600 for it. Had a wood grip, 55mm wide lens and a 150mm. Manual, hard case and a bellow looking thing.

Oh, held a Pentax 67 today. What a monster of a camera. I've seen them on eBay and never realized how massive they are. He wanted 600 for it. Had a wood grip, 55mm wide lens and a 150mm. Manual, hard case and a bellow looking thing.

Too cool! Wish I had a camera store within 300 miles. :)

I tried that, he wouldn't. He noticed my hand tremors and said that doesn't bode well for a long zoom. I used to take medicine for it but too many side affects. It comes and goes, more so when I am not sleeping well, which has been going on for a month now. The sleep medicine makes for drowsy driving the next day.

Maybe a monopod of some sort might help, I used one shooting high school sports with the 70-200mm to support the lens so I didn't have to hand hold it for several hours. Worked pretty well. Might do the trick once they get the lens fixed so its working properly

Most reactions

Back