Sigma 150-600 Garbage

I tried that, he wouldn't. He noticed my hand tremors and said that doesn't bode well for a long zoom. I used to take medicine for it but too many side affects. It comes and goes, more so when I am not sleeping well, which has been going on for a month now. The sleep medicine makes for drowsy driving the next day.

Caffeine also has a big effect on tremors. It often gives me a slight tremor, which I never have under any other circumstances.

By the time I get out birding In the early mornings,I already had two cups of coffee but it does nothing to me as far as tremors.

its pretty easy to spot camera shake from a lens that simple cant achieve focus.

By the time I get out birding In the early mornings,I already had two cups of coffee but it does nothing to me as far as tremors.
It also depends if your body is used to it. I don't normally drink anything with caffeine in it. From time to time I'll accidentally drink tea with caffeine even though all my teas at home are caffeine-free. With the one except limited during sports.

Plus I take meds,Albuterol and Prednisone for Emphysema but my body has adjusted to all the meds and coffee so I don't have any obvious side effects.

Finally some progress... I loaded it on the dock and spent around four hours tweaking the focus, what a flippin job that was... @astroNikon gave me directions on how to do and strongly emphasized taking notes.... I did like the good little student does and I think this bad boy is dialed in. @Didereaux gave me the motivation via PM, thank you sir for your confidence in me. OK... here are some test shots with some good distance on them. I shot everything in auto so I could stay true to my dock results. Didn't do very much editing, everything shot in jpeg. I am on my way now to getting good shots from this glass.

1. f/5.6, 1/500s, ISO 280, 300mm
Web1.JPG

2. f/5.0, 1/400s, ISO 400, 150mm
Web2.JPG

3. f/6.3, 1/640s, ISO 200, 270mm
Web3.JPG

4. 100% + crop of little robin a long ways away, way high up in tree and I missed focus spot on him... f6/3, 1/320s, ISO 400, 550mm full out zoom.
DSC_1376.JPG

Finally some progress... I loaded it on the dock and spent around four hours tweaking the focus, what a flippin job that was... @astroNikon gave me directions on how to do and strongly emphasized taking notes.... I did like the good little student does and I think this bad boy is dialed in. @Didereaux gave me the motivation via PM, thank you sir for your confidence in me. OK... here are some test shots with some good distance on them. I shot everything in auto so I could stay true to my dock results. Didn't do very much editing, everything shot in jpeg. I am on my way now to getting good shots from this glass.

1. f/5.6, 1/500s, ISO 280, 300mm

Way ta go! Thumbs up Kudos and all that stuff! ;)

Great detail in his Tongue in # 1 LOL

Good to see some progress and GOOD weather to test it too.

Thanks Bud, you were a big help. You were right, focus was off, front and down. It is way better in overcast now too. Next is to go out and shoot in M, P, and A modes to bring it all together. Let's get out soon.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Glad to see you got it working finally. It's too good of a lens to give up on, it would seem.

Thanks Bud, you were a big help. You were right, focus was off, front and down. It is way better in overcast now too. Next is to go out and shoot in M, P, and A modes to bring it all together. Let's get out soon.

Shooting between snow flakes was a tad difficult.
But now that it's clear you can make significant progress.

We'll have to shoot some birds or something on Huron River or elsewhere.

I've been meaning to wander to Metro Airport resevoirs they built as required years ago when they expanded and took away wetlands.
http://www-personal.umich.edu/~bbowman/birds/se_mich/locations/metroair.txt
it contained in '97 on a count
78 Great Egrets.
44 Great Blue Herons
20 G/Yellow Legs
1 Common Snipe
1 Solitary Sandpiper
23 mallards
2 pied billed grebes
1 pergrine falcon
2 redtail hawks
among others

I heard recently that a Bald Eagle family was there too

Shooting between snow flakes was a tad difficult.
But now that it's clear you can make significant progress.

We'll have to shoot some birds or something on Huron River or elsewhere.

I've been meaning to wander to Metro Airport resevoirs they built as required years ago when they expanded and took away wetlands.
http://www-personal.umich.edu/~bbowman/birds/se_mich/locations/metroair.txt
it contained in '97 on a count
78 Great Egrets.
44 Great Blue Herons
20 G/Yellow Legs
1 Common Snipe
1 Solitary Sandpiper
23 mallards
2 pied billed grebes
1 pergrine falcon
2 redtail hawks
among others