Sigma

lkWinnipesaukee

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Does anyone have the Sigma 28-70 f/2.8 Canon mount?

What do you guys think of it? I might want to replace my Canon 28-105 f/3.5-4.5 with it.

Thanks

have you checked out the 24-70 f/2.8? It would give you a little more width and its supposed to be pretty decent.

I have 3 Sigma lenses that I use with my 20D's: 18-50 f/2.8, 50-200 f/4-5.6, and 28mm f/1.8. I have been very happy with the image quality from the 18-50 and 50-200, but I managed to wear out internal parts (involving the aperture) of the 18-50 f/2.8 through normal use (not dropped or impacted in any way) in just about 2 years (so not covered by the warranty). This is the first lens of 100's I've owned that I've worn out through normal use, and some of the lenses I use are almost twice as old as I am.

The 28mm f/1.8 seemed to have issues from the beginning. It was not as sharp as the 18-50 at f/2.8 (comparing both lenses at f/2.8), and it seemed a little jiggly. I sent it back to Sigma for repair soon after purchasing it. They refused to honor the warranty saying it had suffered impact damage. If it did it happened before I bought the lens. There were no marks on the lens, and I'd barely had it out of the box. Only long enough to tell something was wrong with it. I paid for the repair, and it came back with pretty much the same problems as I sent it out with.

When I first started using the 18-50 f/2.8 (my first Sigma lens) I was so impressed that I became a big fan of Sigma. At this point I don't think I'll ever buy a Sigma lens again. Tamron is just as good with image quality, and price, and I've never worn out a Tamron lens after using several for many years. I recently bought the Tamron 28-75 f/2.8 for my 5D, and so far it rocks.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back