Silhouette

schussey

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
My dad on a sunday morning reading the paper
3399876%3B23232%7Ffp58%3Dot%3E232%3B%3D%3A5%3C%3D74%3B%3DXROQDF%3E23234%3A6726695ot1lsi

*Comments appreciated
(was scanned with a flatbed, lost quality)

hi schussey

love the idea behind this shot, the only thing is that the window frame blocks out your dad's head, it would have been great to have his silhouette in front of the blinds.

looks like this the rest of the photo is pretty good, i love the soft light on the paper and coffee mug stands out really well..

there are a couple of things you can do to make the head stand out a bit more if you have pshop:

1. Use the dodge tool (looks like a black lollipop) to lighten the edges
2. Use the diffuse glow filter
3. Try it in b&w

Here's a really quick touch up i did to demonstrate:

schlussey.jpg

still would be best if you had you dad's head in blinds area, but the the soft light in the photo is still quite nice.

thanks for sharing that schlussey!

It would look good if that piece of wall wasnt there right behind him so you would see his entire silhoutte figure.

But what do I know, I'm a newbie! lol :lol:

vonnagy said:
hi schussey

love the idea behind this shot, the only thing is that the window frame blocks out your dad's head, it would have been great to have his silhouette in front of the blinds.

looks like this the rest of the photo is pretty good, i love the soft light on the paper and coffee mug stands out really well..

there are a couple of things you can do to make the head stand out a bit more if you have pshop:

1. Use the dodge tool (looks like a black lollipop) to lighten the edges
2. Use the diffuse glow filter
3. Try it in b&w

Here's a really quick touch up i did to demonstrate:

schlussey.jpg

still would be best if you had you dad's head in blinds area, but the the soft light in the photo is still quite nice.

thanks for sharing that schlussey!

Still need just a little forground lighting in the shot to actually add a "subject" to the photo. WHile the shadow is neat, in all honesty what is there to look at?

lovely photo ... i love "shadowy" portraits like this .. i have quite a few myself :D ... i'd love to see more like these if ya have any

thanks for the comments, this shot was really random, and was spur of the moment. Dew- sorry this is my only one!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back