The_Traveler

Completely Counter-dependent
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.lewlortonphoto.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
On the Adobe Photoshop Forum, two separate questions were posted, ostensibly seriously because people used their full name in the signature line.

I am attempting to make baseball cards for my little league team. I have the portrait side completed, but I need to get on the other side of the portrait, and put their stats on the other side. I have searched all over on how to get to the other side (and I believe I am not asking the right question), and can not find anything. Can someone please tell me, how to get to the other side in Photoshop, so that I can set this up correctly. I have even called Topps, and Upperdeck to for help to no avail. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Is there a way in CS2 to change a full face on photograph to a side profile.
Thank you yes I was serious. I am working with a very old photo and my client wanted a full frontal face shot turned into a side profile. If I can't do it in cs then I will have to paint it.
These are actual questions copied from the forum this am.

I think I do not understand the questions at all :confused:

My brain cannot construct anything sensible from the wording given... unless it is something really .... really .... strange and not from this world...

Is there a way in CS2 to change a full face on photograph to a side profile.
Thank you yes I was serious. I am working with a very old photo and my client wanted a full frontal face shot turned into a side profile. If I can't do it in cs then I will have to paint it.
Someone actually posted something like that here not too long ago. They had taken a picture and wanted someone to take out a person in it. The person took up more than 50% of the frame and would have been impossible.

People have a misunderstanding of photoshop and think it can do anything and everything. It can't.

It's probably me, but why is this so funny? That first guy is obviously trying to make goodlooking baseball cards. And getting a professional look and good double sided print will not be easy (I imagine).

And the second one: it's possible to create a digital image of a face and than have the computer turn it, to make a profile.

May be PS is not suitable in both cases, but I bet someone on that forum can tell that.

Whatever happened to 'there are no silly questions?'

People have a misunderstanding of photoshop and think it can do anything and everything. It can't.

you're right. And that should be the answer to these people. As was probably your answer to that question about the person in the picture.

pascal

i think its hilarious that someone actually called topps to learn how to print out baseball cards...

lol... i think it would be funnier if you try and get what these people are actually trying to say.

The first guy for example is saying that he has one side of the card on the screen.... and he wants to know how he can 'get to the other side' of the card to design the stats table. In other words instead of thinking about using a new document at the same proportions to put the stats on.... he wants to somehow see the other side of the design he's already done :lol: ..... so i wouldnt put it past this guy if he'd tried looking at the other end of his monitor to see if the other side is there!

The second guy IS talking about a photograph... and yes he wants to move a static image....omg if that were possible... id be looking up the skirt of a picture of Kirsten Dunst right now!

I know they are noobies and we shouldnt laugh... but well... its funny :mrgreen:

lol... i think it would be funnier if you try and get what these people are actually trying to say.

my point is that's not what they are saying. I think that question is pretty simple, but maybe phrased wrong.

.omg if that were possible...

well, it is. It just takes a lot of calculation and 'guessing'. A simple Google-search will give you a (poor) example, but still...

pascal

I re-read, and I think with "getting to the other side"
he is looking for a way to look at the (still empty) rear side of a digital image (or photoshop document) in order to edit it / place something there.

While for most of us this sounds rather strange ... actually you have to think in a rather abstract way to realise that a displayed thing does not have "the other side". We are just so used to computers and digital images, but a flat thing with simple topology but just one side is a miracle!

Someone who only lives in the world of ms word or similar packages, actually can see that documents printed two-sided also have to sides in that editor.

well, it is. It just takes a lot of calculation and 'guessing'. A simple Google-search will give you a (poor) example, but still...

Its possible to move someone/something in a photograph? :confused:

While for most of us this sounds rather strange ... actually you have to think in a rather abstract way to realise that a displayed thing does not have "the other side". We are just so used to computers and digital images, but a flat thing with simple topology but just one side is a miracle!

[ame="http://youtube.com/watch?v=a9DEKMrvfa4"]Maybe this link could explain..?[/ame]

Its possible to move someone/something in a photograph? :confused:

well, you can turn a face/picture into a 3d model, then turn it (profile) and then use that image again.
I know, it's not perfect or anything but I'm just trying to point out that something like this could be of interest to that guy from the question.

oh, I don't know if it has a Kirsten Dunst-feature...:lol:

pascal

Most reactions

Back