Similar photos...which one?

GFreg

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
The 55-200mm lens that my parents ordered for me for Christmas showed up yesterday afternoon so I was excited to go play with it. Unfortunately I didn't really get the time to test it out. Anyway, I stopped and snapped a few shots only to realize I forgot to charge my battery.

I am not very experienced with shots like these but here is what I came up with. Thought I would share. Which shot do you like best? CC and tips are always appreciated. I think I like the exposure in #3 the best but the signs are starting to get too bright.

All unedited as of right now.

_DSC0520.jpg

_DSC0519.jpg
oLXTa9hBIhrMRn7OvYcwEA

_DSC0521.jpg

-CkS2zAxviuEcIFeR3KeNQ

I would said that the first one is the one that like it more.
Need some work on the composition if you look the photo you will notice that there is a lot of dead space on the top of the frame also I would look for another possible shooting angle.

I would said that the first one is the one that like it more.
Need some work on the composition if you look the photo you will notice that there is a lot of dead space on the top of the frame also I would look for another possible shooting angle.

Thanks. I didn't really notice the composition until I posted them. The angle couldn't really be avoided in this situation. I had to raise my tripod as high as it would extend to get over a guard rail. Pesky Department of Transportation, always trying to keep people from falling into the roadway. ;) Although now that you mention it, I think there is a safe way to get around that so maybe I will go back. It happened to be extremely cold in our Nation's Capital last night so I didn't want to stick around too long.

Would you suggest a high angle looking down at the roadway more or suggest a lower angle with a tighter crop to only get those signs?

If you can try to go more on the parallel side of the street so the lines are going to make more straight effect and yes try to go to a more high angle that is going to give you more deep perception of the movement

Like number one as well. I think i'm gonna have to play around with this tonight. Thanks for the post.

Thanks for the suggestions everybody. I did a quick crop in Picasa.

_DSC0520.jpg

Most reactions

Back