Simple flash gallery?

Discussion in 'Photography Equipment & Products' started by darin3200, Sep 11, 2006.

1. darin3200

darin3200 TPF Noob!

For online galleries I really like the design and simplicty of woomp. The problem is that it isn't very configurable design wise and I don't want to have my images hosted on a different server that is sometimes slow.

Is there any software that would allow me to make galleries similar to this and keep it all on my own site?
    http://woomp.com/darin3200/urban/

Thanks

2. midget patrol

midget patrol TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    yeah. simpleviewer. See the thread "Web space offered." It's stickied in the off-topic section.

3. darin3200

darin3200 TPF Noob!

Yes! Amazing! I got the plug-in for picasa and now everything is a breeze. This is what I've been looking for forever.

This is worth brownie points in round 3. But since the images are un-named I'll probably forget which one is yours and judge it the same. So I guess you get the warm-fuzzy feeling of making my day :thumbup:

4. em_dee_aitch

em_dee_aitch TPF Noob!

You need to check out JAlbum if you like configurability. They have tons of skins, some of which use Flash. A very popular flash skin is called Bananalbum. I built my site off JAlbum for a long time, and the configurability was simple enough that I was able to do it with HTML-only skills (I have no scripting knowledge) and a little random logical deciphering on certain elements. I highly recommend it... That said, I have not yet checked out Simpleviewer yet and guess I need to now...

5. thebeginning

thebeginning TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    i second simpleviewer, it's great stuff. they have a new postcardviewer that's good for personal stuff too.

6. dewey

dewey TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    I agree - Simpleviewer & Picasa are easy to use and the results look really good!