Simple Kansas Sunset

drdan

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
thegoodsleepstore.com
Not much to it, and the moon apparently wouldn't hold still, but I love that blue gradient.

DSC06078.jpg

'tis a nice gradient and hues are fab but a tripod would have been choice here, trees look slightly blurred :)

what was your shutterspeed?

ksmattfish has gave me an excellent suggestion for taking moon shots, to actually increase the shutter speed to get more detail - the moon is actually a lot brighter that it looks. Don't know if i would help in this case here because your emphasis is more on the landscape :scratch:

I didn't have a tripod with me, I had to lay it on the roof of my truck. The wind rocks the trucks a good bit more as it acts like a sail.

I agree about the faster shutter speed. another trick is to shoot the moon at sunrise or sunset just as the light of the sky and landscape is about equal to the brightness of the moon. I like the way it looks about then the best anyway.

Gotta agree about that terrific color gradient but a tripod would have really made it great.

Not simple but, elegant in it's simplicity! I enjoy the blur. Maybe it confirms that the earth is never holding still? I am sure that it would look equally as good with a tripod. In all honesty I love when "rules" are broken.

How I wish I could take photos like that!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back