Simple PS border action

Nagala

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Does anyone know where I can find an action to put a single black line around my pictures in PS? I'm not looking for a site with tons of random borders. Just one with a simple black line. Thanks ahead of time.

The way I generally do this, is to copy the entire image onto a new layer. Then go to
Layer -> Layer Style -> Stroke. Put the size to whatever you want, change the Position to 'Inside', and choose the colour you want the line to be. Then finally click OK and you're done :)

Hope that's what you was thinking of.

You could just copy the image onto a black background and size the image a little smaller than the background...leaving you with a black line around the image.

There are so many simple ways for a 1 pixel black line, and you can make your own action. The above ways all work. You can also select all, edit/stroke, inside, 1 pixel, OR, set your background color to black, image/canvas size, check relative, add 1 pixel to each dimension.

Making an action is as simple as naming it, and pressing record.

you could also make a black box over your entire pic / set it to 50% opacity / square marquee what you want to delete / hit delete

but mostly I use Digital Matt's canvas size method

Although this won't help a lot of people, there is a great set of tools for Linux called ImageMagick that runs in the command line. Its cool because by entering

#convert -border 20 -bodercolor black *.jpg

I can add a 20 pixel black border to every file in that directory or I can specify only certain files.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back