Site tips

wesd

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.photosbywesley.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I just got back into photography recently, and iv started posting some of my od work on the internet. The only thing i am worried about is people copying my work. Should i be posting low res pics, or put a copyright on it? I really dont know, and any help would be great.
Wes

Welcome to the forum...and back to photography.

There is a fairly big difference between a web viewable image and a printable (usable or worth stealing) image. When I post images for viewing...I downsize them considerably and set a fairly high compression. This makes the file size nice and small for easy viewing...and they won't do much if somebody tries to steal them for anything other than web viewing.

It's a reality that you can't really protect your images and display them at the same time...there is always a way to work around it...if somebody really wants to steal it. Some people put a copyright (water mark) on their images...but they often ruin the look & feel of the image...which makes posting it rather useless anyway.

Some people do have bad experiences...but for the most part, I don't think it's a problem. There are billions of images on the internet...if your stuff is that good that you have to always be wary...then you should be well known enough that it wouldn't matter anyway.

You can

1) Put a watermark on the photo
2) Digital data embedded within the photo
3) Use flash player to display photos and to prevent download.

:D

Most reactions

New Topics

Back