Skateboarding with Tim

skunkboy

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
A day in South Haven, MI with Tim Riddig; visiting from the Chicago area.

Tim.jpg

tim1.jpg

tim2.jpg

Who says digital cameras don't do night shots? Who says digital cameras don't do action shots? Who says digital cameras can't do both at the same time?.....

tim3.jpg

tim4.jpg

Needless to say, Waterfront Skate Park is right on Lake Michigan; so, taking the best cameras out isn't something recommended because no matter how careful you are, chances of getting sand in any motors is very high. These were taken with a Kodak DC 290

Tim is a brave lad to have no head protection! do most guys do these skate board stunts without helmets? Great action shots, like the last one best! ( I would have PS'd the street light out though!)

Helmets are often required at paid parks but free ones are at your own risk and many don't require but do recommend. There are a few that do wear them including one person who is actually pretty good (and now sponsored) who had a bad encounter. Needless to say, Michigan has a motorcycle helmet law but the traffic down at the lake (Lake Michigan - the skate park is opposite the beach) was pretty heavy and there was no way anybody was getting a car out anytime soon; so, Shawn jumped on back without a helmet so I could get him up to the hospital. A dozen or so stitches to the back of the head and some vicodin later, within an hour of leaving the scene, he was right back at it. He didn't have his helmet that day but I never saw him without it after that.

As far as the light, it's funny that it happened to be on because everybody is always compaining that they barely ever work and therefore when the park should be open till 10:30pm (which it was about 10:20 or so when the pic was taken), it usually emties out at sunset.

Most reactions

Back