Skylark on a Post

Space Face

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Crappy grey sky. Just couldn't get the angle for a better bg. Tried a replacement in Luminar but thought it looked a bit cheesy.

52900799658_c356d4f27c_z.jpg

52899782272_d04c58e5c9_z.jpg

52899782182_83ce19704d_z.jpg

I have Luminar and my 1st thought was the sky replacement but, then I figured it would look too cheesy like you found. You can get away with it more if you select the Luminar sky and add a heavy blur with PS. It looks more believable.

Last edited:
Nice set! I like the last one the best. Very nice composition.
Thanks Jeff.

Composition is something most folk don't seem to consider any more in wildlife shots and in particular bird pics. See some dreadfully put together photos, not only on here but other forums too. I used try advising folk on the basics of composition but feefees (and ego's) get hurt so I rarely bother any more.

There is enough contrasting shadows and tones in the bird’s feathers that the Sky doesn’t bother me in that last. That beautiful green really adds to the shot.

Probably because it needs patience. You can't pose a bird. You need to wait for the moment (unless its BIF but even then.....)

There is enough contrasting shadows and tones in the bird’s feathers that the Sky doesn’t bother me in that last. That beautiful green really adds to the shot.
Thank you. Appreciated.

Probably because it needs patience. You can't pose a bird. You need to wait for the moment (unless its BIF but even then.....)
100% John but I had the wife with me and didn't have too much time to hang about. My stealth tactics didn't work to try and get a higher angle to include more of the green for the bg😁.

Cheers!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back