Between darkrooms
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
From this morning, down by the lake...

051105-A12-1.jpg

Lightly adjusted in The Gimp.
Comments?

Morning skies like this are just too beautiful to let the photography chance pass, aren't they.
In your Gimp-adjustment, you made it lean a bit heavy on the purple side, though, while I believe it was a deep blue and the clouds where still kind of orange-y from the rising sun, I think I find the colour of the sky a bit unnatural. (Or is it some polariser effect? I had that, but on prints, before, and I say the lab made the prints go wrong in my case!)

Hmm... yes, I see what you mean. Thinking back, it seemed as though it was quite purply, but perhaps there was a bit more orange.... Like this? It can be had to tell on a laptop monitor.

051105-A12-3.jpg

All the tweaking I did was raise the black level a tad to sillhouette the trees completely, and adjust the gamma for each channel and the overall image... and just a touch on the saturation. On my monitor, it's pretty close to the amount of color I saw... really incredible colors for a sunrise... or maybe I just don't get up early enough often enough! For the edit, I just adjusted the R, G, & B gammas again.

What do you think?

JamesD said:
From this morning, down by the lake...

051105-A12-1.jpg

Lightly adjusted in The Gimp.
Comments?

Absolutely gorgeous!

I like them

Most reactions

New Topics

Back