sleeping baby

jemmy

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hi all, Was hoping you could give me some comments and critique on this portrait - is the fluff on the bottom right (part of feathered angel wings) too distracting??? I actually really like it and thought it added to the softness/innocence of the photo but a girlfriend who is also a photog found it distracting?? Any thoughts please ? x

12.jpg

I think its a great picture. I would like this one better in color. Maybe the feathers won't be so distracting in color.....

Thanks, it was originally shot in colour - as all my stuff is - then converted... I went for the black & white (red filter effect) as her 'baby' skin was really 'veiny' and blotchy and the conversion definitely helped smooth it out. x

i do find the feathers to be distracting... if it was in color then it might not appear to be so blown out etc. plus it holds your eye more then the baby (distracting)

perhaps if it was shot at a different angle so the feathers didn't cut right across the frame and almost go across the babies face it would be less distracting? the baby is sweet looking though and i agree the softness of the face is an asset with the B&W

I like it! I agree with the previous poster regarding trying a sepai toned shot. I think the feathers add to the softness of the moment.

Most reactions

Back