1961 VW Beetle Series

retrophoto

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
A few from a series of a recently completed Volkswagen Beetle. It may be of a '61 vintage but it's bang up to date. (Airbag suspension explains the ridiculous ride height...love it)

Cooden Beach, Bexhill.

Canon EOS 350D. Sigma 17-70mm macro lens. Canon 430EX flash.

01.jpg

08.jpg

02.jpg

10.jpg

I cant really give you critique since I'm still learning myself but I love #1

in the 3rd one, i don't konw if you can clone out that first house on the left, it's distracting that there is a little bit there.

4th one has too much saturation on my monitor. and the sky is blown out

1st and 2nd have nice contrast and the 2nd particularly is pretty nice composition too :)

in the 4th one, the blown out sky might have worked better for me, if the car was positioned in the blown out part, sort of like a halo effect around the car... plus then the car would hide most of it

Thanks for the comments people. I will re-crop the 3rd one to remove the edge of those buildings, completely missed that, thanks for pointing that out. I dont do cloning.....i try to use my digi as i would a film camera.....a tool for capturing an image of what was there, rather than hiding things with cloning.....just a self discipline thing i have got in to.....makes me take more time on a shot or just become plain picky. The 4th one...the sky is VERY light......but on my home and work monitors doesnt seem blown out, very feint cloud trails are visable from top to bottom. Does vary from machine to machine tho.

Glad you like them....more to come...........

Neal

looking at the 2nd one again, i think i'd crop out a bit of the sky... there is a lot of it and nothing really there to see

perhaps i'd even make it a few less buildings but get more detail of the buildings and car into the shot, like 3 to the left and only 1 to the right?

i wish i had the discipline to not use PS to enhance photos.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back