Slide pic

Hooker771

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Just wondering if any of you all have expiremented in this type of photo. I was wanting a bit more depth to the shot, ive got 3 photos like this one and may try to merge them on photomatix just to see what happens. This was shot right at dusk at the park. Is there a way to get what im going for? Is it trial and error with my sons speed down the slide vs. shutter speed?
Camera:Canon EOS Digital Rebel XSExposure:15Aperture:f/6.3Focal Length:18 mmExposure:0.00ISO Speed:100

4062294053_85a2356bea_b.jpg

Well, here they are HDR'd (word?). But I dont think I like it. I think I am going to have to take him back out to the park to figure this out. I would like to see him at the top in the middle and really good at the bottom. Im thinking if I keep it open for 30 seconds and have him go really slow and sit at the bottom for a couple of seconds ill get closer to what I want....... Of course this could just be a stupid idea.

4069828374_4c13b1a893_o.jpg

i see a ghost child at the bottom of the slide :p

well its a little bright for my liking, maybe bringing down the exposure a little bit, and try avoiding merging pictures that arent identical (to get an HDr effect that is) as it recreates ghosting... aka ghost child :D

I dont think you understand what I was going for..... Im trying to get the same general effect of when you leave the shutter open on a city scene and get the long red tail lights. In my mind I want to see my son at the top of the slide and blurred all the way down and then be able to see him at the bottom by only taking 1 pic giving the illusion of movement down the slide.. I thought since the 3 photos were similar I would HDR them (without really wanting the HDR style) to see if I was closer to what my intent was.

I will figure this out.

I believe what you are looking for is a multiple exposure function (as is possibe on my Nikon D300).

If it's not possible i think you'd do fine by shooting in sequence and then importing the photos in a photo editing program . stack the photos upon eachother and erase the unwanted portions.

To get the blurred look on your son use a tripod and fairly long exposure ... lets say 1/30 of a second..

Yes, you'll just need to play with shutter speed to get the look you want to achieve. It will depend on how fast he moves down the slide so, like you said, it will be trial and error.

Positioning a flash up top for when he starts, and a flash at the bottom for the finish might get you closer to what your describing.

I believe what you are looking for is a multiple exposure function (as is possibe on my Nikon D300).

If it's not possible i think you'd do fine by shooting in sequence and then importing the photos in a photo editing program . stack the photos upon eachother and erase the unwanted portions.

To get the blurred look on your son use a tripod and fairly long exposure ... lets say 1/30 of a second..

You can see that from my OP that I left the shutter open for 15 seconds on that shot and you can vaguely see him at 3 points on the slide. I really want to acheive this shot with one exposure. Im thinking if I leave the shutter oper for 30 seconds or do a bulb shot I would be better off. Now that im typing this im thinking that Bulb would be perfect so I could make him sit up front for a while longer to expose him longer in the shot where I want him and "streak" him on the slide as well.

Thoughts? Thanks.

You can see that from my OP that I left the shutter open for 15 seconds on that shot and you can vaguely see him at 3 points on the slide. I really want to acheive this shot with one exposure. Im thinking if I leave the shutter oper for 30 seconds or do a bulb shot I would be better off. Now that im typing this im thinking that Bulb would be perfect so I could make him sit up front for a while longer to expose him longer in the shot where I want him and "streak" him on the slide as well.

Thoughts? Thanks.

I am but an amateur her but I think it's close to impossible to get what you want in one shot... the fact that you both want him blurred as he goes down the slide and have a "proper" one of him at the bottom... if you want to avoid him being transparent he'll have to stay at the bottom for the whole of the exposure...

Sorry.

Set your exposure for a little bit longer and perhaps a smaller aperture also, and when he gets to the bottom of the slide have him stay there for a few seconds longer just sitting at the end of the slide. (Trying to get him to sit still would be a good idea too)

I think that might work...? But I am not sure if my theory is correct.

Most reactions

Back