Slideshow software

Discussion in 'Graphics Programs and Photo Gallery' started by Johnboy2978, Nov 1, 2007.

1. Johnboy2978

Johnboy2978 No longer a newbie, moving up!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    I'm looking for some software (preferably FREE) that will allow me to take about 50 of my favorites from weddings and turn them into a slideshow for the clients. It would be nice if you could add music to it, but not essential. If not free, something that doesn't cost a fortune. I would also be interested in software that has a trial period if it's not free that will give you full access during the trial w/o putting a big DEMO sticker on everything, kind of like Adobe does w/ photoshop for 30 days.

Thanks for any input!

2. Miaow

Miaow TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Have you tried Irfanview? it can create slideshows that can be saved as an exe, screensaver or burnt to CD and Its free also :) There's a plugin on the site that will let it play mp3's with the slideshow also (you just pick a MP3 as part of the slideshow).

http://www.irfanview.com/

3. Johnboy2978

Johnboy2978 No longer a newbie, moving up!

Photos OK to edit
    Yeah, I have irfanview and kind of forgot about that. I was thinking of using SWISH which I have that's kind of like a lite version of dreamweaver but it seems to kind of slow down the further it gets in the show. Any other ideas?

4. Big Mike

Big Mike I am Big, I am Mike Staff Member Supporting Member

Photos NOT OK to edit
    My Sony MP3 player came with a software package called Sonic. I've made a slide show with it but I mostly use it for burning data CD/DVDs.

If you use Windows...I'm sure it has something.

I recently bought Proshow Gold. It's a fantastic slide-show program, can do just about anything. They do have a trial version, I'm not sure about a watermark. For what it does, it's not a bad deal at about $70. They also have a lower (cheaper) version and a higher version called Producer.

Check it out.

5. dkf10425

dkf10425 TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Use Windows Movie Maker. You can add a music track also. I used this for some time before I switched to Sony Vegas 7.