Slow Shutter Speed - C&C Please.

genital_apparatus

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey all, I went out shooting in Edmonton today, experimented with slow shutter speed. Like, 30 seconds slow. Here's my favourite one from today, would like some criticisms please:

18_08_11_08_1_53_24.jpg

A: f22
S: 30 seconds
ISO 200

love it. the smoothness of it all really does it for me. i also really like the reflection and the contrast of the blues with the reds.

Excellent shot right near the river bed.

Kudos! Nice sharpness of that bridge. My fav is the bridge reflection off the water. So nice.

The dark sky contrasting with the sharpness of the bridge really stands out, great shot.

Hey all, I went out shooting in Edmonton today, experimented with slow shutter speed. Like, 30 seconds slow. Here's my favourite one from today, would like some criticisms please:

18_08_11_08_1_53_24.jpg

A: f22
S: 30 seconds
ISO 200

It looks a bit like a pastel drawing...nice. There's a bit too much going on for me, but still quite nice.

As I'm browsing through the threads, I'm becoming more and more amazed how pro-looking photos beginners can take. Congrats on this great shot ;)
Have you tried setting the shutter speed to something less than that?(20 sec?) Post it if you can :)

Oh, I like this one: everything in orange is static and very sharp, everything in blue is on the move and blurred. Neat effect. Upon looking for a longer while, this photo makes me a bit nervous, indeed, it is quite busy in a certain way, but very effective!

Hey all, thanks so much for the good words! SlimPaul, the 30 second exposure was purely experimental. I originally aimed for a sharper photograph with a much faster shutter speed. I only toyed with a long exposure just as I was about to leave my spot. Here is the image that I had originally wanted:

18_08_11_08_1_52_24.jpg

A: f5.6
S: 2 seconds
ISO 200

I definitely like that one more. Excessively long exposures look too much like pastel for me.

I like the 2s shutter speed wwaaaaay more. too. Amazing. As much as I really dig the reflection on the water for some reason I kept hearing this voice that was saying "more sky.. more sky!".

Also it looks like you've got yourself one of those slightly uneven horizons. :p

i think i may prefer the 2sec one better but the 30sec one has the most charming colour contrast.

Most reactions

Back