Small Soldiers reshoot

neogfx

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
OK so I reshot some of the images from my Small Soldiers set.
What do you think of these?
The originals can be found here http://www.thephotoforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=81190

Defence of Bottle Pass
DefenceofBottlePass2.jpg

Fallen Soldier
FallenSoldier2.jpg

Fallen Soldier
FallenSoldier3.jpg

Prisoners of War
PrisonersofWar2.jpg

Please comment and compare. I will post the others in the set when I have reshot them.

even better.

much better! much better light :)

What did you use for lighting if you dont mind me asking? I love the dramatic effect.

Just a desk lamp. Can be very handy them desk lamps. :)

the 2nd one is good, the 4th one is great, and the third one is AWESOME

You got a story that goes with this?

To my opnion i fyou want to shoot this small soldiers, light, background and focus have to be perfect, that 's not the case to my opinion, you should be able to do better ;)

i really liked the originals, but these are jjust 100x better. th elighting totally makes these photos great

You got a story that goes with this?

The concept is that when nobody is about these models come to life and the German soldiers fight the British troops over certain "territories" in my room. It is a set of work for a gallery installation for my university degree.
It looks at the possibility (or should that be probability?) that there may be other plains of existence other than our own. It looks at the world in a different perspective to that in which we are used to seeing it.

To my opnion i fyou want to shoot this small soldiers, light, background and focus have to be perfect, that 's not the case to my opinion, you should be able to do better ;)

The focus in these seem to be pretty spot on from what I can see, remember that most of these are macro shots so I have had to get as large a DOF as possible for some. I'm quite happy with the lighting, with the possible exception of the first.
And the background in the first could possibly be better, but I didn't want to falsify things too much. These are not supposed to be realistic dioramas but rather toys that come to life and battle in the surroundings in which they find themselves.

I value critique highly, could you please elaborate on your comments as I would be willing to reshoot in order to get higher quality shots.

OK here's 2 more edits from the original series.
Comments appreciated.

"Achtung!"
Achtung.jpg

"Relaying Coordinates"
RelayingCoordinates2.jpg

I especially like the depiction of the French soldiers in the last one.

These are awesome! You should come out with more.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back