Sneaker Photos :]

PatrickCheung

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
hey, i got my nikon d60 about a week ago! i took as many pictures as i could (being the exicted kid i am), but i picked a few that i thought were worthy to post... they all happen to be pictures of my sneakers. anyway. here they are. C+C welcome

1. Hemp Dunks, focus back shoe's heel, Cropped on Photoshop, 1/1600, f3.5. focal length 18mm

hempscropped.jpg

2. same shoe, taken at a different time with focus on front shoe, cropped on photoshop, 1/640, f/3.5, focal length 18mm
hemps2cropped.jpg

3. Boca dunks, no editing (i know i should've cropped, gonna get around to that), 1/3, f3.5, focal length 18mm
dsc0047yus.jpg

4. same picture as above, but made into an hdr image (first attempt, merged three pictures, +1, 0, -1) and cropped. photoshop work done by friend.
bocahdr.jpg

oh my fricken head... this is like the 10th HDR shot that shouldn't have been an HDR shot today...

Ok that's it, I quit.

:lol:

For HDR, the wall and molding sure are blown.

Are you sure its not just better white balance from the one above it?

thanks!

yeah, i know its an hdr shot that shouldn't have been an HDR shot, but i was just really fooling around with it. the thing is, my friend likes making hdr pictures with my pictures (he makes hdr's out of all my facebook pictures o.o), and i wanted to see what he could do with this shot, and he offered to teach me how. so yah. i don't want to come off as one of those people that just makes HDR's out of everything.

anyway, yeah i think it wouldve been better to white balance it. but i'm really abd with photoshop and still dont know how to do that. :] anyway i'm gonna spend this week learning how to use photoshop. wooo ready for people flaming me about my lack of photoshop knowledge!

pic 3 needs to be cropped. pic 4 is pretty darn good, but from middle to left is bad, the crack between the floor and wall cover is smudged, clone it.

IM A SNEAKER FANATIC TOO. the blue nikes are awesome. i had a blue and yellow pair of etnies that were the shizzle. to bad i wore them to work one day and they got all f'd up. try getting more creative with your shots though. try getting in really close from different angles. also think abot your background. maybe but a pair on some railroad tracks, the middle of the street, a sewer cover, graffiti wall, basketball court with basketball - you get the picture right?

again, thanks for the C&C guys! anyway, yeah i know picture 3 needs to be cropped (it says in my first post haha) i just never got around to it. picture 4... i'd like to play around with it and make it better... but iunno, some of the options are greyed out. :S i never know what to do about those, so i'm just gonna wait till i learn how to use photoshop better

oh :p and scotty (i'm assuming thats your name), good to know you're into sneakers too haha. same with... err boogschd :p you had a pair of bocas? :]

but yeah, definately for the backgrounds thing. I've always wanted to take my sneakers out to take shots of them... but never figured out how to get them around. so i just kinda use what i got... and that's my house. :p and about the angles... iunno when i go close in, to be honest, iunno what to focus on. :S laces? swoosh? heel tab? tongue tab? iunno... and also i find it hard to compose an image when i'm up close. finally, when i took those shots, i was really just looking for a new wallpaper for my laptop :p something with a nice empty background so my icons don't detract from the shoe as much (which is why theres so much empty space)

again, thanks for the C&C guys! anyway, yeah i know picture 3 needs to be cropped (it says in my first post haha) i just never got around to it. picture 4... i'd like to play around with it and make it better... but iunno, some of the options are greyed out. :S i never know what to do about those, so i'm just gonna wait till i learn how to use photoshop better

oh :p and scotty (i'm assuming thats your name), good to know you're into sneakers too haha. same with... err boogschd :p you had a pair of bocas? :]

but yeah, definately for the backgrounds thing. I've always wanted to take my sneakers out to take shots of them... but never figured out how to get them around. so i just kinda use what i got... and that's my house. :p and about the angles... iunno when i go close in, to be honest, iunno what to focus on. :S laces? swoosh? heel tab? tongue tab? iunno... and also i find it hard to compose an image when i'm up close. finally, when i took those shots, i was really just looking for a new wallpaper for my laptop :p something with a nice empty background so my icons don't detract from the shoe as much (which is why theres so much empty space)

you got a digital camera so dont be scared to take tons of pictures of every angle possible. you never know what might come out looking really cool. just dont be scared to try things. you might want to try a close up and then pulling the zoom out in a 3-5 second exposure. not sure if you know how to do that yet but give it a try.

mmm! so i played around with photoshop today. i just played around with the levels and curves. i used the picture of the blue nikes.... he're what i came up with:
bocacroppedandwb.jpg

i'm gonna go ahead and say that the blue is a little much... :S i'm still trying to fix that. remember, i'm comepltely new to photoshop :(

Most reactions

New Topics

Back