Snow pictures in black & white...

OregonAmy

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
picasaweb.google.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi all! This is my first post here; I'm trying to improve my skills beyond point & click and would appreciate some feedback.

I did these shots using the b/w setting on my camera - is it better to do that or use photo editing software to change a color picture to b/w? I tried messing around with that in gimp for a while and it proved to be somewhat difficult, but I'm not impressed with this version of b/w either.

Anyway, any suggestions for improvement are welcome!!

This one seems... busy. I don't know. I like it, but something is bugging me:
360037257_9fec4d2555.jpg

The exposure on this one looks a bit high, but I couldn't fix it in gimp:
360037350_42b4250bd4.jpg

I was trying to play around with the lines but something about the composure just looks "off" to me... any guidance?
360037603_cc0edc30ee.jpg

set-72157594483912447

thank you!! :)

I used to live in medford, we didn't get much snow in the winter. The images look a little blown out. Where is this exactly?

great shots, the b&w works really well

Hey Amy, I edited your post so the photos show directly, I hope this makes you happy ;).

Make sure to only copy the URL off flickr up to the .jpg and no further. Leave out the "?v=0" behind the .jpg, else your photos will only show as links, even if you use our image icon to make them show up in your thread.

I have seen (and commented on) the first one in colour before over in Photo Critique, and I must say that the conversion helps it a lot - now it is easily the best of this little series.

All in all your photos have a tendency towards "too bright", which is not surprising, given this is all snow and a bright, overcast sky. But I like your POVs and composition, also in the second and third.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back