Snow sucks!!! And not in a good way

Scott WRG Editor

King of Smoothness
Reaction score
Website
www.warbirdsresourcegroup.org
I got called in to man the teleport where I work during the blizzard. It's now so bad outside I can no longer venture forth to clear the dishes. The wind is blowing at around 15-20mph and visibility is almost nil. We already have 18 inches of snow with drifts up to 3 feet. I can barely open the door. And there is still supposedly 16 more hours of this! I want to take pictures but the snow is blowing so bad I fear for my camera. Looks like I'll probably be stuck here until Sunday night. Why couldn't this have happened when the lingere models were here last week!

I feel for ya. I HATE snow. Here in Vancouver it's been pissing rain in record proportions but at least I don't hve to shovel it!

Okay... no more going outside... if people want to watch TV at 4am then they should have got cable instead of satellite.

I had to make a running charge at the door to get it to open enough for me to shovel it clear. Cleaned of the dishes but the snow is drifting to 3+ feet and I wading through it. The wind knocked me off m feet and the snow is powder so I crashed through the snow and it collapsed on top of me. Took me over a minute before I could get back to my feet and now I am soaked. I'm just about to fornicate with the space heater (the only heat in the building) I'm so cold.

At the rate the snow is going if I don't clear the door every 20 minutes I'll be trapped in the building. The front door is buried and the bay door has a 4 foot drift against it. I could probably open it but would never get it closed again.

And the worst part? I just ran out of Diet Coke... oh the horror! :grumpy:

Wow, Scott! You guys got hit really hard. Is it still snowing now? IT's still snowing here, I'd say we got about a foot with another few inches on the way. Sorry about your night :(

I guess that much snow is how prepared and used to getting it your city is! Is that an abnormal amount and does you city have the snow removal equipment to deal with it? I know where I am the city can have the main streets clear in a matter of hours and he haven't had a snow day yet this year. We have a mean snowfall of about 300cm.

Poor Scott...you're in total hell!! :cry: I hope you stay inside and dry off before you head out there again or you are going to make yourself sick!! Stay warm, babe!! Stay SAFE!! Hope it ends soon! :hug::

Wait...NO COKE!!!! :shock: :cokespit: ...oh wait..maybe I shouldn't have used that last emoticon! :lol:

Here...to keep you warm...:hug::

huh now it started to snow here:) but as usual, there will be about 10 cm of snow and that's all :(

It's finally stopped snowing and if the plow guys get here soon I can go home in two hours. A 26 hour shift :)

I would go out and get pictures but in order to do so I have to wade through 4 foot drifts and I'm too cold as it is. I did get some pics of the storm last night and I'll post them when I get a chance once I get home.

Chase said:
So talking about me wandering around in shorts and a t-shirt and getting a tan today would be a bad thing right about now?

:playball:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back