So I learned something last night ...

Argentis

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey guys, just wanted to share this with all the other new folks on here. I went out with some friends last night to a local park for a picnic. My first thought was "hmm, I should bring my camera with me", but then I thought "No, most of my friends hate being photographed, and I see them all the time, so I already have plenty of pics of them". We get out to the park, and lo and behold, there's a great horned owl in a low branch near where we were set up. :banghead: This is also the first time I've seen one in real life, he was just sitting there watching us and some other people around, and didn't move for the 90 minutes we were there.

The moral of the story,

BRING YOUR CAMERA WITH YOU WHENEVER POSSIBLE.

Argentis

An ancient truth retold ....

;)

Happens to me all the time.. worst when I am off running, so many situations with beautiful scenes in the woods or wildlife, but well, when doing sports it is very complicated to bring your tele lenses ;)

When I first got my camcorder I learned this lesson...

I was cleaning out my garage, and had a truck full of trash. Just as we finish up the garage it starts to POUR. Anyways, can leave the truck full of trash, so we brave the elements to get to the dump.

This turned out to be the craziest rain storm of all time, and caused a ton of flash flooding, so I missed a ton of footage/pictures of cars up to their windows in water, storm drains literally spraying water into the air, and all sorts of crazy things.

So yes, never leave home without a camera.

You know those really great film cameras that are dirt cheap right now, along with those manual lenses? You can just leave them in the car and bring in the film. Plus, they are a Lot hardier than digitals.

I don't know how it was accomplished but I bought a Nikon 8008 from a pro shooter that he had fixed so that it left the leader out when it rewinds the film. This way I can remove and then reload the same canister (just bypass the next exposure to keep from double exposing).

Fuji supra 400 and I can shoot indoors or out or where ever (shoot anywhere film- whoda thunkit). :)

You forgot the first rule of photography...you see the best stuff when you don't have your camera with you!

A couple of weeks ago I was (ironically) heading to take pictures at a tropical conservatory downtown when I almost got caught up in a high-speed chase involving the cops. I was first in line to go at at stoplight when a car came tearing around the corner. I assumed he was trying to make the turn before the light changed to red. Immediately after, my light turned green and I started into the intersection, only to slam on my brakes to avoid hitting the cop now tearing into the intersection. Then I realized that he was chasing the first car, who had turned yet again into a neighborhood. My first reaction was to follow them (I had my camera, after all) but there's no way I could catch them and my 5 year-old daughter was with me. Plus, the cops probably would've been pissed to have me chasing them, paparazzi-style.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back