snerd

Anti-Dentite
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
internetwhispers.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Just curious. My usual walk around setup....... Canon 5DIII, I put the grip back on temporarily, lens is 24-70L 2.8 II

5 pounds!!!!

No wonder I needed a new shoulder!!!! I don't even want to know the weight with the 70-200 or 150-500 lens on!!

The heavier the better. More professional that way.

Snerd, think of it as doing bicep curls - just remember to altenate the arms. Otherwise, you'll have a hyperdeveloped right arm and a shrunken left.

Snerd, think of it as doing bicep curls - just remember to altenate the arms. Otherwise, you'll have a hyperdeveloped right arm and a shrunken left.

Hee hee.......... I'm way ahead of you! I'll talk to my physical therapist tomorrow, I bet I can work the setup into my routine somehow!

That is why I shoot with an 85mm 1.8 despite having a 70-200 f/2.8 :D

Just curious. My usual walk around setup....... Canon 5DIII, I put the grip back on temporarily, lens is 24-70L 2.8 II

5 pounds!!!!

No wonder I needed a new shoulder!!!! I don't even want to know the weight with the 70-200 or 150-500 lens on!!

Yes, pretty heavy setup with the body, grip, battery, and 24-70mm lens--probably more heft and size than many people really feel comfortable with as a "walkaround" or "casual" set-up.

Yes, pretty heavy setup with the body, grip, battery, and 24-70mm lens--probably more heft and size than many people really feel comfortable with as a "walkaround" or "casual" set-up.

That would be 2 batteries. But I was pretty used to it. The balance seemed perfect for me, which worked wonders in the absence of IS on that lens. I'll get there........... give me 2-3 months.

Have you ever thought of using a morrorless for a walk around camera?
or a 2nd smaller body and lens?

5 pound ... pfffffssst!
$17-Lets-Party-Ladies.jpg

Try this. It is very light. And very capable.

$Ricoh GR.jpg

It is actually 0.44 pounds. With a stripe.

Last edited:
My "Walkaround" camera is my D7100 with grip, a 150-500 lens, and a tripod. About 11 pounds for camera and lens and another 3 or 4 for the tripod.

That's why I changed my DSLR for a MILC. That's half the weight.
Rudi

That will be my walk around setup in Philly later, except for the lens. 17-40L in close quarters or the 70-200L for walking above the river. Leaving the 120-400 Sigma in the car. If I get tired, that's why they invented outdoor cafe's.

5 pounds!!!!

Well the obvious answer to that would be to send me the 150-500mm so you aren't tempted to use it. lol. [Or swap me out for my standard walk around - T3i (w or w/o grip), 28-135mm and I'll even throw in my black rapid strap to help since you are all "crippled up" now.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back