So I'm going to Namibia...

cfaulds

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I was wondering if you know any books (photography related) that I could buy to read before/on the way to Namibia that will specifically help me with my photos that I will take there

Also, I was wondering how people get these ultra-wide shots (panoramic). I'm guessing they have a wide-angled lens, or take a photo, and then crop it vertically? Am I missing something here?

Also, how do you do HDR?

- For the above 2 questions, any books/websites/guides/own personal knowledge would be much appreciated.

Also, any other tips that will help me in my 2 weeks in Namibia would be much appreciated (equipment, techniques, composition etc..)

Thanks in advance!

I was wondering if you know any books (photography related) that I could buy to read before/on the way to Namibia that will specifically help me with my photos that I will take there

Also, I was wondering how people get these ultra-wide shots (panoramic). I'm guessing they have a wide-angled lens, or take a photo, and then crop it vertically? Am I missing something here?

Also, how do you do HDR?

- For the above 2 questions, any books/websites/guides/own personal knowledge would be much appreciated.

Also, any other tips that will help me in my 2 weeks in Namibia would be much appreciated (equipment, techniques, composition etc..)

Thanks in advance!

Well take my advice: Go to Palermo. The food is much better ................

Another amazingly useful post from the god of photography.

May the god choke on a meatball.

Indeed. So very useful... I'm leaving in a week, so a bit late now

The rules of photography aren't going to change because you're in Namibia. You're still going to want to use the rule of thirds, expose shots properly, etc. If anything, you should be asking about good scenic locations to go in the country, or googling tourist attractions.

The rules of photography aren't going to change because you're in Namibia. You're still going to want to use the rule of thirds, expose shots properly, etc. If anything, you should be asking about good scenic locations to go in the country, or googling tourist attractions.

I'm going with school and so I have no choice

Understanding Exposure is well worth reading no matter your subject matter or location. I'd recommend reading it before your trip and bringing it along with you.

africa?

zoom lenses. crazy long zoom lenses. you'll be far from animals you want to zoom into. zebras are boring from a distance. remember, they blend into the background on purpose

Most reactions

New Topics

Back