so much for spring...

bean

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.pbase.com
We just had a nice dumping of a couple inches of snow along with a windchill that would make a polar bear shiver, yet life still persists through this.

e115ed6c.jpg

What a splendid springtime shot!
Of course you knew I'd like this with flower close-ups and colors etc.....fine job!

Well, why didn't you just say they were purple flowers to begin with! :lol:

I also had snow yesterday around my tulips coming up but no buds yet, only leaves. I did not see any worthwhile shots like you have.

May I say that I am quite fascinated by this photo, Bean?
Not necessarily by the weather you had to have BEFORE you could go out and take this - no-ho-hooooo! Hey, I'd HATE to have that kind of weather NOW (though snow in April isn't so rare that it COULD not happen to us...:shock:).
But the photo as such, mostly so the lighting "you set up for it" is sooo nice (or hey, are you going to tell me that you 'simply made use of' that big yellowish-white light up there?). The snow is so crisp and clear - my photos on film, re-digitalised by a scanning process from the print, could never bring about any of this - for you all to see, that is (they might for me on the print). You can even tell that the rays of sunshine are making that snow melt again around the stems of these unknown "purple flowers" (;)). Very nice!

I didn't set up any sort of lighting for this one, just used the setting sun (this photo was on an east corner of the house) no reflectors, flash or anything. Then I laid in the snow and snapped a couple different angles. I did have a better angle but the shadow cast by the house wasn't cooperating.
I even took a snap with my 35mm, hope it turns out the same way :)

Thanks for the comments folks, it's groups like this that keep me wanting to learn more.

Oh and my mum said they're crocuses :wink:

Most reactions

Back