I missed this, too! First and foremost, I'm glad you're okay and no one was hurt. This clearly won't be easy, or fun, but it sounds like your files might have escaped from real damage. Sure hope so!

Stay safe while everything is getting moved to the new location. Hopefully no one will suffer from the delay. Good luck, Barb.

Thanks everyone. We are moving to a temporary location as of tomorrow. There were 4 people in the building when the fire started. All out safe thank god.

It's going to be a rough week, but patient care comes first and we'll get through. Only essential staff are working this week, so myself and 4 other co-workers. I'm just so glad everyone is ok.

Thankfully nobody was hurt. (My stepson lost a friend in the Oakland fire.) Now you have to just put your head down and plow ahead, one step at a time. The long term goals are daunting, so just look at the immediate things that need to be done, roll up your sleeves, one thing at a time. We're all behind you and we know it won't be easy or fun ... but it has to be done ... and we know you can do it.

Take some deep breaths and once you get going in the new location you'll probably get it things figured out. Hope the files are able to be salvaged to some extent.

Sorry to hear that Gary, that was a shame.

Let us know Barb how it goes tomorrow.

So glad to hear that everyone is safe. Papers, buildings can all be replaced.

I just read the title and thought your photo business 'just caught fire' meaning it went ballistic!
So sorry to hear about it but especially sad for your patients...

That would be a huge pain for any business to get through. More so in your case as you have patients depending on you. At least no one was hurt. I heard on the news that the police were investigating the cause of the fire. Have you heard anything more about it?

We are up and running, not quite at capacity but enough that no patient care is comprised. Three of us did overtime on the weekend to clear the backlog. We are plowing through I will probably do more overtime over Christmas. Thank you everyone, I really appreciate the kind words.

As to the cause, they are investigating. Hopefully we will know more soon. We've been told we probably won't be moving back into the building.

Glad to hear it is working out for you and your patients.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back