So whats your day job?

vonnagy

have kiwi, will travel...
Reaction score
Website
www.vonnagy.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Lol, very few of us can call ourselves pro photographers, others have to support our photography habits through others means. I am just curious - what's your day job?

Any of you considering taking the 'plunge' and going pro or are you happy with your current setup?

I do web application coding. I would like to shift more of my income from that to my photography, but I don't think I would want to take picture full-time. It would have to be more about making a buck than doing the kind of art I like, so it's probably best to keep it more of a hobby. I make sales, but I spend more than what I make.

However, if I became famous and my art made mucho dinero, I would happily leave my day job.

A lot of you folks here probably already know my line of work, but for those who don't...
I'm in the Royal Australian Air Force, where i work in Logistics for an F/A-18 Squadron. Lots of trips to different places which is always good for us photo taking types.
I'm also a volunteer fire fighter (also good for photo taking) :)
I should take up Photography as a job but am happy using it as a distraction from my paying job.

Owner of a mobile forklift service. Personally, I think it's an odd job for a girl but it pays the bills.

I used to work as a pro photographer. Loved the actual photo work, hated the sales part. I would do it again but ONLY if I had someone else to do the sales and promotion part.

Symphony (professional) violinist. Had thoughts of quitting this job and becoming a wedding photographer. Then I realized I would be the best wedding photographer amongst violinists and the best violinist amongst wedding photographers. So I opted for the obvious, a good compromise: remain an amateur photographer and play lots of weddings.

:D

bank manager/teller manager

used to be tool design/drafter..weird huh?

md

Electronics Engineer....hardware side of industrial controls mostly but played at communications way back and a bit of everything (apart from software) over the years.
Been involved with a fair bit of design work and project management and I've got to admit a lot of it involved outsourcing, Far East mostly.
I've been in engineering for 42 years and I'm getting way too old to change careers and I don't believe I'd ever be good enough or even want to go into professional photography, fun hobby for me though.

Right now a Construction Engineering Technology student but I'm lined up in about 5 weeks to be an assistant municipal operations foreman. No more riding lawnmowers for me :)
Can't see taking up photography as a profession, just keep it as a hobby.

I am a full time counselor to all of my frineds.... A full time trouble maker (as you can tell by my spirited posting aaaall over this forum) Part time High school student... Pure bread goof ball.... And on the more serious side. I currently hold down two jobs, school, and a social life along with a few volunteer jobs. I work at Josh McDowell Ministry as a Customer service rep (that would be the job I actually don't mind going to). I also work in the Technology department of my school district as the grunt.. I mean PC Technician. That job has gotten annoying since the guys I work with tend to be gamers and totally obsessed with nothing of importance like photography. When I'm not at work I'm either making plans for hanging out with friends, hanging out with friends, or coming home from hanging out with friends. I can also be found as a member of my churches Technical team where we take care of lighting, sound, video, and slides. I might also be found running around taking care of duties as the Deputy Corps commander in AFJROTC (that would be the second in command in Air Force Junior ROTC). Other than that, I eat, post here, and sometimes I even sleep. :D

Most reactions

Back