his4ever

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.stonecafecreations.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Howdie there!
I figured while i am waiting for my camera to download all the pics I took today and yesterday.. I though I should ask you all a question before I forgot. (My card to download pics is broken so I have to direct link to the camera and wait 10 minn for every pic to be placed onto my machine...)
Anyways... How many pics do you all take when you go out to take pictures? Do you intentionally take these amounts of pics or do you have a number in your head you want to meet.
I usally end up taking about 100... which does not feel that much. (I have a digtal Canon EOS 350something... it's my husbands camera and I kidnapped it :wink:.) Well my camera just finished... so let me know... I am so curious!!:D

This won't help you much but I take one frame of cut film most of the time and I shoot it. Now and then I carry three frames of roll film that I chop off a 120 roll but three is about max ordinarily. I recently shot a retro wedding and shot about 20 that day.

Sorry but I'm a lousy example.

I carry no preconceptions...sometimes I take 4-5 shots...and sometimes It will be hundreds.

I shoot away like a madman. One of the great things about having left film and gone digital is that I don't have to count my pennies, I can shoot as much as I like. I will only delete the ones in my camera that I know are bad, but don't seriously cull the images till I get back to my computer. Recently I have found that I am shooting too much, and have now forced myself again to be more disciplined.

In the world of business accounting there's something referred to as the cost of opportunity lost. If you make a choice among actions, there remains the hidden loss of gain from the opportunity not taken.

Taking lots of pictures has a hidden cost, rarely mentioned. It's time. If you consider that the time you have available at a photo site is limited, then the time you use up making exposure after exposure which will be discarded later is time lost to making a picture which will be kept. Add to that the time needed to cull out the 'duds' and your loss can become significant.

If time, as is sometimes said, is money, then there is a real cost in taking lots and lots of pictures. Not to mention wear and tear on the moving parts of the camera.

When I go on a planned tour, I usually come home with the equivalent of some 2 1/2 rolls of film à 36 exposures... more or less.
But it depends on where my tour takes me and how long it takes me to set up each individual shot.
I tend to take too many photos, too, though I have found that the more familiar I am becoming with the camera, the more I know beforehand what I do and what effect I want to achieve.
With time for me not being money, since I don't make a living with taking photos, there is a certain "saving-money" factor involved in the fact that I take digital photos for most of the time.
I'll be in Berlin for the weekend - I guess I will then take more than just the equivalent of 2 1/2 rolls of film. Though I might not, for we've only been to Berlin some 10 weeks ago and this trip is taking us to more or less the same places again ... therefore I MIGHT not want to repeat myself in my photos ....!

Probably 2, maybe 3 rolls of 36 exp. slide. Sometimes 4 shots, once in a while, 5 rolls. In May I went to the Toronto zoo and brought 40 rolls with me and only finished 2 rolls. Quantity, just depends, sometimes everything is a shot, sometimes nothing is. I'm not on the digital bandwagon, but if I was, I don't see myself shooting a ton more than with film. I would bracket more though. ;)

I always no matter what take 35.
Oh wait, the real answer is:
How long is a piece of string?

Luke said:
I always no matter what take 35.
Oh wait, the real answer is:
How long is a piece of string?

Oh great... I am going to think to much about that one.... Is a piece of string as long as you want it? Or is this just a saying I am not familure with?

The one thing I like about digital is it does not cost you anything to bracket. I bracket quite a bit when I shoot digital. I tend to experiment more as well. So when I go out I tend to take alot of pictures.

Over summer vacation we filled 49 cdr's, 12 gigs on cf, and sd cards, and still had to put over 20 gigs on a laptop hard drive. So given the time you can say we take 1,000's. :)

I shoot in raw+basic so I have 2 copies of every shot I take. They tend to add up very quick. I take anywhere from 30 different shots to 170 (thats what fills my 2gb card) so for I have filled the card only a few times. I have noticed that I tend to shoot less things but more shots of the same thing. If I find a interesting subject I try allot of things out.

Most reactions

Back