Solar eclipse in Germany

Mattis

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey guys!
I hope you are also having such a great view of the elclipse!

sofiruups.jpg

I'm blown away, it looks so amazing I could cry ;__;

Next one is gonna be in 2026 if I remember correctly... >__>

We had blue skies, but I did not have the appropriate eye ware to watch :apologetic: It is quite dark out side though...

We had blue skies, but I did not have the appropriate eye ware to watch :apologetic: It is quite dark out side though...
Do you have a smarthphone? Activate your front camera, turn around so the sun is in your back and then look at it through the phone! That way you can see it^^ Just don't do it for too long or the sun will fry the sensor :p

By the way, the maximum of the eclipse is supposed to happen at 10:46am. It is now 10:41am and it did not get much darker. I guess I didn't miss much anyway.

My phone does not have a front camera :apologetic:

My phone does not have a front camera :apologetic:
Ah I see. That protective eyeware was sold out everywhere here, too. But good thing I didn't buy it, it would have been utterly useless anyway. Last weekend it was darker here just from the clouds alone XP

Same weather here in London. I had my camera ready for a timelapse and everything in case the clouds cleared. :(

Back in 1999 for the total eclipse the clouds miraculously cleared just in time for me in Verdun, more than half the people at the campsite had given up by then! This time, when I had much better photogear available, it was so cloudy there wasn't even a hint of anything happening.

I'm sure you all have suitable equipment for viewing the sun safely, just project it through a lens onto a flat surface - works fine.

Hey guys!
I hope you are also having such a great view of the elclipse!

Somehow the "funny" button is not appropriate, and I don't see the sympathy button.

Pic taken in Dundee today

Attachments

• Solar 1.jpg
    Solar 1.jpg
    100.3 KB · Views: 129

Most reactions

Back