Some CC For Day At The Beach

JasonLambert

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
My wife and I had a good time at the beach... Well I had a good time and she tolerated my snapping of photographs. Can I get some CC on these.

4617340611_4dfc92b97c_o.jpg

4617340741_d5443313aa_o.jpg

4617342503_1acc257627_o.jpg

4617342631_299151c018_o.jpg

Is there a way to bring in some catch lights when you screw up and don't get any? I love the photo of my wife in #4 but her eyes are dark.

Number 1 is good. There is plenty of space to the left where the couple is looking. Picture is a bit blurry/OOF. Did you set the camera on auto?

Number 2 does nothing for me.

Number 3 is good except for the camera shake (?). Couple look blurred?

Number 4 is a bit soft. I like the composition though.

Thanks Ghpham,
On Number 3... Guess who forgot to focus on the subject instead of the sky... Lol... I set it up and had to run across a road up a hill (in sand) all within the 10 sec it took for the camera to click.

1- the composition is nice in this one. The guy looking out over the water, having them on the side, the lines made by the wood handrails... nice. I wish the colour was a bit more punched / impactful. Looks like a very serene moment, but a bit flat with the colour

2- This comes off as a snap, not a photo. They are just casually chatting, nothing really emotional. They are too center composed in the frame, leaving alot of empty space around them. I like how the light is hitting her face, would of made a great closeup portrait with that light

3- Yep, its out of focus. Thats already been touched on. I like how its composed though, using the trees as a natural frame in the image. Colours are great (would of loved the same colour in #1's sky), but yeah, the blurry really kills the image

4- Too close. I know people say to fill the frame, but there is a certain limit. Just like camera tilt where a little tilt can work, too much makes the viewer feel odd. The eyes are out of focus. If you are having issues with the autofocus due to the low light, try manual focus. I love the colour of the light hitting the side of her head, too bad you chose to turn her face away from the light. Zoom out a bit and turn her to get the light to create shadows and depth on her face.

Ok, so there ARE more shots of the two blondes .... cough 'em up! lol

I think my fav is the silhouette shot, even WITH the hat. It might be a good part of your personality that shows perfect for a shot like that. Distinguishes you from 'some other guy' :eek:

Ok, so there ARE more shots of the two blondes .... cough 'em up! lol

There is another thread with them, where one is topless (seen from the back) within a few hours, its up to 3 pages of replies :confused:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back