Some macro, what do you think?

realitycheck3907

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
What do you guys think? Just goofing off inside the house. Yes, no, maybe? :D
DSC_0038.jpg

Last edited:
I just don't like the picture. Your opinion varies, but for me, I just don't see much in the shot. I find the reflection of the camera distracting.

Keep shooting! You will find your style. :D

Brendan

I really like the idea of the photo but like you said it just didn't turn out like you thought. The reflection of the camera is slightly distracting, and The detail that I'd like to see just isn't there, but I'm new at this myself so I can't really provide any advice as to how you could go about fixing it. Perhaps it can't be fixed due to the reflective natural of the ball bearings or what ever they are.

-TAG

I wonder if I shot them outside so the lighting was better, and got my 300mm zoom lense so I could back away from them to get rid of the distracting camera?

And yes tad you got it right they're ball bearings.

i am a sucker for these kinda shots, but you are right this one could be improved. the reflexions have been mensioned. but also, only the top left corner of the image is actually in focus... maybe if you could create a dark background behind the camera and then use some nice lighting? dont as me what kinda lighting, i'm new to this too... haha :D

I just don't like the picture. Your opinion varies, but for me, I just don't see much in the shot. I find the reflection of the camera distracting.

Good lord, my precious English language.

Yeah thanks man. It looked cool in my head but it just didnt come out the way I thought it could have.

Are you saying that because someone doesn't dig the picture, or because you genuinely think that?

I wonder if I shot them outside so the lighting was better, and got my 300mm zoom lense so I could back away from them to get rid of the distracting camera?

Thats not how light works. The reflection would be smaller sure, but if its reflected its reflected. And besides, theres nothing wrong with a reflection, its all a matter of taste. If YOU think it works, why change it?

ANDS!, thanks for the reply. A while back I started fixing up my honda, there were things on there that some people would say they didnt like, and would never put on their car. I still put them on though cause I loved the way it made the car look. Heres my car just for kicks and giggles,
2811989299_e759f1aa72.jpg

Anyway, to answer your first question I think it can come out good I just dont think I captured what I was looking for. I'll have to keep trying.
To answer your second question, honestly I actually thought the camera being in the picture was pretty cool. The focus does need to be corrected and probably some different lighting.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back