Some Macros from today

Stranger

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Spent the day in the yard chasing ladybugs :) I mist admit, i ended up swatting a few out of the air for some shots :blushing:... No harm done though

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

http://www.pbase.com/tamar88/larger_than_life
My Gallery ^^
[Edited on 10/21/2007 by Politik]

Thanks for the comment!
I agree with the DOF, but sadly when using a reversal lens setup thats about the best you can get.. I guess it is its own style in a way.

Ha. So my first impression was right: these are reverse lens macros. Yes, they only give you razor thin DOF, no matter what, but I still like the outcome! Very nice. The third here is the funniest :D - I like that one a lot! (Well, I like them all, really, but that one makes me laugh).

@Lafoto - thanks, usually that one would not have been a keeper for me but it put a smile to my face as well :)

@tpe - thanks, it took a whole lot of rocking, patience, and timing.. Sadly these bugs do not stand still.

@TC - I have never heard of focus stack? unless you mean just stacking lenses?

@Lafoto - thanks, usually that one would not have been a keeper for me but it put a smile to my face as well :)

@tpe - thanks, it took a whole lot of rocking, patience, and timing.. Sadly these bugs do not stand still.

@TC - I have never heard of focus stack? unless you mean just stacking lenses?

You basically take multiple images at different focus points, then merge them all into a final image. Ofcourse nothing can be moved, subject or camera. I think TPE who posted in this thread could offer advice on this as I think he has mastered it.

Check out this:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Focus_stacking

oh, i was laying down in the grass shooting these guys onn the run. That would take some practice... maybe next time i am out i will give it a try

Most reactions

New Topics

Back