tom.ganc

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.atgancarzphotography.co.uk
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hi there
Today afternoon (evening actually) I decided to get some airplane shoots. Because I live right next to Manchester airport that wasn't big deal. That's one of the shoots. It shoot raw but I did all the adjustments in CS3. I hope you like it.

DSC_0171copy.jpg

Regards
Tom

Nice landscape, and must be fun to shoot planes I am sure.
But it is lack of lighting for a start. The plane seem blurry to me ( of course, the damn thing was moving fast :lol: ).

I have noticed from that many photos I took - that the photos taken under sunlight look sparklings, especially the early morning and and late afternoon. They look nicer.

Have another go mate when the sunlight showering the plane and see what that will be like. Beside you will have far higher shutter speed to stop the motion.

In addition to what passerby mentioned, I'll add that I suspect the reason for the under-exposure is that you were shooting into the setting sun. You camera metered for this, rather than the much less bright scene around you. The use of a higher shutter speed and a graduated ND filter over the sky would have really made it pop. Aside from that, take care when metering scenese like this, and ensure you're camera is looking at the right thing. It's a good habit to always compare your cameras assessment with the daylight exposure rule.

I personally find this a flawless picture.

Look at the way the tree contours for the nose of the plane.
The sky looks beautiful. Great shot.

I really like this. You've managed to get everything in its correct place, and I, personally, like the exposure. I would've liked the plane a bit further away from the trees, though.

How did you get so much DOF and freeze the plane at the same time?

Hi
First of all thanks for your comments.
I know that this picture is slightly umnderexposed but it was little too late :) (about 9 pm)
Plane isn't very sharp because of f7.1 (but I have deeper DOF)
And I'm really happy how sky appears on that picture.
I'll try to shoot bit earlier next time :)

Regards
Tom

Most reactions

Back