Some Novice Fall Shots

eminart

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Here's a few shots I'm using for a triptic project for my class. No PP other than cropping to fit 8X10 format.

Critiques welcome.

Fall.jpg

Fall3.jpg

Fall4.jpg

Fall2.jpg

I'll probably use the first 3 together for the project, although I'm still considering the 4th along with some others.

I see how the first three shoud go together but dont understand why that format? Are you going to use it for the triptic? How do they look together? I would be tempted to mirror the last one and put it on the left with 1 in the middle, but i would also be tempted to have a go with a different sized aspect ratio in the middle too. Oh yes and by the way i really like the shots, great work :).

tim

I see how the first three shoud go together but dont understand why that format? Are you going to use it for the triptic? How do they look together? I would be tempted to mirror the last one and put it on the left with 1 in the middle, but i would also be tempted to have a go with a different sized aspect ratio in the middle too. Oh yes and by the way i really like the shots, great work :).

tim

:D Well, 8X10 is the size we're required to use for this project. As far as the order, it will be layed out differently. I belive I did have #1 in the middle and one of the others was mirrored. I'm not totally sure that I'll do it exactly that way, but I didn't lay them out in any certain order in this thread. I'm not even sure if I'll do it vertically or horizontally yet.

And thanks!

How did you manage to get the black background like that? Did you use an external flash not on your camera? Dont mind my ignorance, as I am just a novice myself.

Mark

How did you manage to get the black background like that? Did you use an external flash not on your camera? Dont mind my ignorance, as I am just a novice myself.

Mark

No, I didn't use a flash. It's mainly due to the time of day. It was late afternoon. I just found rays of sunlight falling on the leaves. I set my exposure for the leaves which where much brighter than the surrounding forest, so that made the background appear even darker. And I used the largest aperture which blurred out any details that may have been left in the background.

The second photo would have been my favourite here (I am a sucker for backlit leaves!) if only it'd had some more DOF so the entire leaf would have been in focus. With the dark background, you'd still have got it black, yet the leaf would have not disappeared into a blur shortly after it's crisp curl.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back