Some of My Photography Work

Discussion in 'Photography Beginners' Forum' started by S Dot B Photography, Apr 3, 2009.

1. S Dot B Photography

S Dot B Photography TPF Noob!

Whats up im new on this forum, i thought id share my work with everyone. Im a photographer for west coast rap artists, here is some of the artists ive worked with.
    Nu Jerzey Devil in Compton

[​IMG]
    Major James
    [​IMG]
    Topic
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 3, 2009
  2. Blyack.Hype

Blyack.Hype TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    i like the work....photoshop?

3. revilo

revilo TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    1) There's a halo around the person in the centre. Clouds look overly processed, to me.
    2) I like the composition, and although there's a slight colour balance issue, I think it suits the picture. Despite the HDR processing, there's still some overexposed/blownout areas.
    3) I quite like this shot, as well. Is this an HDR, too? It looks a bit like it, and I'm not sure the scene really suits it, although I like the result.

4. nikonguy

nikonguy TPF Noob!

to much processing on the HDR for me.. when a person starts to look like a cartoon drawing, I think it looses its photography skill and becomes more about the post processing skill.. i can take any crappy photo and process the heck out of it and make it look good...

most of my problem is that i try to process as little as possible.. I mean i think post processing is ok... but when you spend hours doing processing, it takes away from shooting time... I try not to spend more than 30 mins doing processing on a shot... but thats just me

Last edited: Apr 3, 2009
  5. Blank

Blank TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    I think #1 is outstanding. I would probably clone out the power line from the original, but overall, amazing. A luminesque red and deep grey catches my eye everytime.

I think I know who you are from another forum. If it's who i think it is, you do incredible work. Look forward to more.

6. elemental

elemental TPF Noob!

I think the first could do with better light, which would probably make the heavy processing look better. The artist's face is in shadow, and the two in the back look hazy, if that makes sense. The second has really nice composition, and I think the third is the best of these. The lighting is definitely the best, and the processing manages to look gritty and artificial without being over the top. Nice work.

How are you doing your lighting on these?

7. kombizz

kombizz TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Good use of HDR artistic work

8. bigboi3

bigboi3 TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    pictures are dope.

9. Plankton

Plankton TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    1. Looks to fake to me, a little heavy on the HDR work. The guys crouching in the back look a little like they were digitally rendered.

2. Great composition, my only gripe with this one is I look at the blown out tree first.

3. My favorite, generally well done, looks good

10. dammit

dammit TPF Noob!

at first, hdr photography was kind of neat for a while, but now it's played out and most people wind up over processing. you show a great example of over processing in the first two images, but the last one is ok (still a little over processed in my opinion)

11. S Dot B Photography

S Dot B Photography TPF Noob!

thanks a lot for all the feedback i really appreciate it. i do agree that the first photo is alittle dark but im still learning and the getting better at it. If you guys have anymore tips for me id appreciate it.

12. manaheim

manaheim Jedi Bunnywabbit Staff Member Supporting Member

Photos OK to edit
    whoa...

I suppose if it's what you like it's a good representation of it, but I personally do not like that at all. Way way way overprocessed, and issues within that overprocessing (such as the halo).

Sorry. Just my opinion, of course.