Some photos I recently took (Gators,ect.)

Popowinator

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Let me know what you think...

DSC02006.jpg

DSC02003.jpg

DSC02005-1.jpg

DSC02053.jpg

DSC02033.jpg

DSC02041.jpg

Last edited:
number your pictures, makes for easier comments

There isn't anything particularly compelling about #1-3. You were shooting down at the subject. Give us a new perspective if you want to generate interest. The frame is really cluttered in each of them.

Colors are flat in #1-5. Then need to "pop." All look over-sharped.

There is an interesting composition somewhere in #4 but I'm afraid you missed it. It seems to this viewer that you stood over them, framed a random shot and snapped the shutter release = snapshot. And the exposure is off. You have shadows with no texture and blown highlights. My eye is drawn to the light head in the center and it is blown and OOF.

#5 has some promise but IMHO there is something awkward about the composition. For whatever reason I get a sense of the gator moving toward the camera but the frame abruptly cuts off where the gator would be moving. That is awkward for me. The gator's face is OOF and the whole image looks way oversharped.

#6 doesn't do anything for me. Way oversharped again.

Last edited:
Well thanks for the reply..appreciate the input. These were taken at a Gator farm being the reason for the angle from above. For number 5, just below the croc was the fence which was cropped out. Nothing was done to these pictures other than being cropped.

It's tough to get WOW shots when you are in parks where your access and angles are restricted. Your odds of getting a unique shot are pretty much nil. You might get some nice snapshots to remember your trip but nothing that's going to make National Geographic. That's the nature of the beast.

If you didn't sharpen then perhaps its my monitor, wouldn't be the first time.

yeah....nice snapshots to remember the trip is prob the best way to put it.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back