Some self portraits.

Thanks for the feedback :)

This was my first attempt at self portraits as admitedly i do suffer from some self confidence issues! The softness of some of them - 6 in particualar is over processing of the skin (i always over do it!) so ill learn to tone that down in future!

Thanks for the feedback :)

This was my first attempt at self portraits as admitedly i do suffer from some self confidence issues! The softness of some of them - 6 in particualar is over processing of the skin (i always over do it!) so ill learn to tone that down in future!

Heh, you're crazy.

The pictures look good, You look good, but.. I would lighten up on the vignetting and the softening.

i do suffer from some self confidence issues!

Let me be the first to say that your issues with yourself are unjustified, as you are very pretty.

The pictures are very nice, as you really look comfortable and at ease, not forced or slutty. Achieving sexy without slutty is hard, and you've done it. Nice work.

What I thought was nice is how you hold your skirt up without really looking like you're trying to. Almost like subliminally attracting my eyes to your legs. For instance, in #3-you're looking right at the camera, which captivates the viewer, but then you notice that you have your skirt pulled up ever so subtly..

uh...wow! not your usual garden variety self ports. woo hoo. :)

Nice to see you posting again kanikula! I would say you pulled this off rather nicely, but I will have to agree about the vignetting. But that is a matter of taste, of course.

I learned after a while to not let vignettes overlap parts of the subject's body. There are ways to ease back on that and make the image look just as effective, if not more so.

If you want a tip, what I do in Photoshop is select Filter > Distort > Lens Correction > Vignette. I set the Amount to -40 or -50. Then depending on how tight the crop is on the subject, I slide the Midpoint to somewhere between +50 and +100. For example, if there is a lot of space around the subject, I might leave it at +50, or move it toward +75. If it's a tight crop around a face, I will go somewhere between +75 and +100. Whatever looks best and doesn't darken part of the subject's face, hands, or body parts.

Hope this helps. :)

NJ

Aw thanks guys thats realy nice of you to say :blushing:

The feedback is very helpful so thanks! NJ i know exactly what you mean about the vignetting, i do get carried away so thanks for the tip!

and "Steez".. "self indulgent, PS BS"?...well im not even going to bother.

Just ignore him.. tbh i don't think he has a clue what he's talking about. :p

I intend on! I mean, i know there no perfect - hence appriciating feedback, but JEEZ! :gah: xx

Imho, 8 is the best of the set. It has classic pinup written all over it. I like the first one as well, comes off quite natural. The poses in the other's seem a bit forced instead of exaggerated [if pin up style is what you were shooting for].

Overall neat shoot and really nice corset-thingy.

Most reactions

Back