Some very noob photography questions

Kimchi

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey y'all, I started gettin into photography about a month ago when my Dad gave me a Canon. anyways, I've been lookin at some pics on the forums (which are excellent! very envious), and I've been wondering what HDR shots are? they look very, artistic (wc?), but yeah. Anyone could explain.?

Also, how do you manually configure shutter speed on your camera? I see some interesting shots when people have very slow shutter speeds and i'd like to do some myself.

Once again, sorry for the very noobish questions T.T
hahaa. thanks to those who reply!

First welcome to TPF you will find a great bunch of folks here with a vast amount of knowledge. As for HDR I'm sure you will get some answers on the matter soon. I do not do such so I am not up on it other then I know its a series of 3 shots each 1 stop apart then merged into one, I beleive. As far as slowing down your shutter speed to grab those types of shots check into your manual and it should explain how you control the shutter speed while either in full manual or shutter priority. It usualy involves a command dial, and is very simple but varies from brand to brand.

Well once again welcome to TPF and remember the only stupid question is the one you don't ask!!!!!!! Theres a wealth of knowledge here so enjoy.

... and I've been wondering what HDR shots are?

Try Goolgle or the search function of this forum. There are countless threads about HDR. The first Google result is the Wikipedia entry, which is a good start.;)

Also, how do you manually configure shutter speed on your camera?

That will depend on the camera you use and it should be explained in your user manual. Tell us what camera you use for more specific help.

HDR stands for high dynamic range. It takes a series of different exposures of the same scene and combines them in post processing so all the image is properly exposed. I hope this helps.

Thanks!
Hahaha I'll be sure to check in with google T.T

Most reactions

Back