Some "wild" self portraits.....

Vaporous

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.melisjphotography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Was trying to think a bit outside the box for these. I try not to be too redundant with the same type of self portraiture so re-inventing myself keeps me from bordom ..... and went all out with the make-up this time.
I realize the flaws in some of these but I suppose thats why self portraits can be so difficult to nail. My inspiration was from the newer Kylie Minogue album pics. Thanks for looking

flickr-2.jpg

flickr-1.jpg

3. I wish I had came a just little further into the frame
flickr-3.jpg

flickr-4.jpg

flickr-5.jpg

Melis~

I'm sorry, the shadows on the walls just kill it for me.

Good lighting is something I'm trying to work on that I struggle with:confused: I didn't like the shadows either, but I'm still working on that especially with the white backgrounds.

Try placing subject (yourself :mrgreen:) a few feet from the background, then aim a flash at the background from behind you.

I really like your work! I just added you on flickr. The only shadow that bothers me is the super hard shadow on the last one. Try moving the subject further from the background, or just place a light above that shines directly on the background, it'll kill it out. It can be done rather cheap... Get a clamp lamp from wal-mart with one of those "true light" light bulbs and then tape a piece of thin white paper over the end. Instant white diffused light ;)

Me too. I can see your very creative.. these would be great if the technical aspects were perfect. You could probably PS those shadows out ;)

Thank you for the comments;)

I do think however in PS removing the shadows would look very unatural in relativity to the lighting that is projected.

Actually, I like the shadows. Seems 'Marc Jacobs"ish to me. Makes them something different and not so contained, if you know what I mean. Some photos don't need to be completely flawless.

I'm with Johnny on this one. The shadow didn't kill the mood or the asthetic. I dig it. #1 for me though. Very brave. Very beautiful. Thumbs up.

I'm with Johnny on this one. The shadow didn't kill the mood or the asthetic. I dig it. #1 for me though. Very brave. Very beautiful. Thumbs up.

I agree, if there weren't shadows behind you, you'd blend in with the wall! If it weren't for shadows, photography would be boring. I like them. :thumbup:

Number one is hot, I love it. The second, third and fourth aren't my style and the last is very close to being very good (I dig the pose but a little overexposed to me). I would love to photograph you.

A fabulous set I wish I could take self portraits like that..very creative and arty the shadows are no big deal to me and are something that can be worked on..Great work! :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back