Sometimes you just gotta get your feet wet- Aurora Borealis

jsecordphoto

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
selfie.png

Taken around 2am early Monday morning. We were in and out of clouds all night, but during those breaks....oh man. I've photographed the aurora a handful of times in New England now, but never this strong. It hit Kp8 for a while and you could clearly see pulsing green waves in the sky, something I thought I'd never see around here. I decided I just had to ditch the shoes, roll up the pant legs, and wade out for a self portrait. ISO2500, f3.5, 10 seconds

I think this is one of the best AB shots I've ever seen. Having a subject makes a beautiful shot even more interesting to look at. Print this on aluminum and sell it!

I think this is one of the best AB shots I've ever seen. Having a subject makes a beautiful shot even more interesting to look at. Print this on aluminum and sell it!

Thanks! I don't know if anybody would want to buy a print of me, but the companies I work with were pretty psyched! May see this end up in an advertisement somewhere. I have another shot from about an hour earlier before the clouds moved in that I'm really psyched on that I'll hopefully sell some prints of, just gotta finish processing

Incredible! I can "feel" the awe you must be experiencing as you gaze into the heavens.
Absolutely stunning.

Incredible! I can "feel" the awe you must be experiencing as you gaze into the heavens.
Absolutely stunning.

Thanks Jazzie, it really was just such an incredible night...certainly one I'll never forget. Can't wait to share my other photo here

Lovely shot! Was the water cold?
Would love to see one with the arms heavenwards ;)
Eagerly waiting in anticipation for the next shot....... :)

Lovely shot! Was the water cold?
Would love to see one with the arms heavenwards ;)
Eagerly waiting in anticipation for the next shot....... :)

Actually, the water was really warm! I ended up staying in the water for a while letting the camera fire off a bunch of frames because it felt so nice standing in the lake

Brilliant! Agree, one of the best AB shots I've seen in a LONG time. If you get the chance for a do-over, get a couple in the water, kissing.

Brilliant! Agree, one of the best AB shots I've seen in a LONG time. If you get the chance for a do-over, get a couple in the water, kissing.

Thanks! The couple kissing shot is something I've wanted to do for a while now, either with aurora or Milky Way. It's on the list for this summer

Thanks! I don't know if anybody would want to buy a print of me, but the companies I work with were pretty psyched! May see this end up in an advertisement somewhere. I have another shot from about an hour earlier before the clouds moved in that I'm really psyched on that I'll hopefully sell some prints of, just gotta finish processing

Hurry up and finish that editing, I have to see the next one!!!:aufsmaul:

It is a spectacular photo!:Hail.sml:

Hurry up and finish that editing, I have to see the next one!!!:aufsmaul:

It is a spectacular photo!:Hail.sml:

hah, trying to finish that one up tonight. The last few weeks have been amazing and I've never had such a backlog of photos to get around to processing. I'm also thinking of writing up a brief tutorial for shooting the aurora, so I'll need that photo to use in the article...should give me some motivation

Most reactions

Back