Sometimes you just gotta get your feet wet- Aurora Borealis

Hurry up and finish that editing, I have to see the next one!!!:aufsmaul:

It is a spectacular photo!:Hail.sml:

hah, trying to finish that one up tonight. The last few weeks have been amazing and I've never had such a backlog of photos to get around to processing. I'm also thinking of writing up a brief tutorial for shooting the aurora, so I'll need that photo to use in the article...should give me some motivation

Now that sounds super cool! Not that it will help much in Kansas! :BangHead:

stunning shot and reflection!!

but......
I thought the aurora borealis was the round part around a woman's nipple.

View attachment 104000

Taken around 2am early Monday morning. We were in and out of clouds all night, but during those breaks....oh man. I've photographed the aurora a handful of times in New England now, but never this strong. It hit Kp8 for a while and you could clearly see pulsing green waves in the sky, something I thought I'd never see around here. I decided I just had to ditch the shoes, roll up the pant legs, and wade out for a self portrait. ISO2500, f3.5, 10 seconds

Just a tad under exposed there... LOL jk. Cool pic!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Great image. I have had an opportunity to photograph them three times in the past year - each time was fantastic. With a kP OF 8±, were there any reported interruptions/effects on any communication systems?

Here is an interesting web site I found that tracks aspects of solar flares, CMEs and related phenomenon. If you don't know about it, it is quite useful for checking on the possibility of Aurora stuff - SOLARHAM.com Solar Cycle 24 Space Weather and Amateur Radio Website .

I look forward to seeing more of your images.

WesternGuy

Very nice shot. You are lucky to be in a place to capture that. Im so far south its a bucket list for me. Thanks for sharing!

Very nice shot. You are lucky to be in a place to capture that. Im so far south its a bucket list for me. Thanks for sharing!

People were getting photos with faint Aurora as far south as Utah and Colorado during this storm, which is just crazy to me. Definitely nice living far north for stuff like this, but I don't quite feel the same during winter...

Great image. I have had an opportunity to photograph them three times in the past year - each time was fantastic. With a kP OF 8±, were there any reported interruptions/effects on any communication systems?

Here is an interesting web site I found that tracks aspects of solar flares, CMEs and related phenomenon. If you don't know about it, it is quite useful for checking on the possibility of Aurora stuff - SOLARHAM.com Solar Cycle 24 Space Weather and Amateur Radio Website .

I look forward to seeing more of your images.

WesternGuy

Thanks! I didn't hear of any interruptions with this storm, though it was certainly strong enough. I usually check a few sites during potential auroral activity, including solarham, but I really like Aurora-service.org

Thanks for the reference to the Aurora-service.org. I didn't know about that one. I get my "alerts" from ISSET - AuroraWatch . They are fairly close to home and are usually quite accurate for me.

WesternGuy

Most reactions

New Topics

Back