somewhat odd question

exercion

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I was out today working on action shots at a terrain park at the local ski mountain. To improve color and such I had my polarizer on, and liked the results, *but* noticed that when I looked through the camera w/polarizer while wearing my sunglasses, it was nearly impossible to see. I just wish I could have thought of a way to shoot what I saw, it was that bad. Of course, on a nice bright day on the snow, if I take the shades off, it gets fairly painful fairly quickly. So, the question is: has anyone else run into this, and is there a better way (different shades, etc.)?

Eric

I just take my glasses off for the shot, then put them back on right after.

alternatively, if you turned your head at 90 degrees (with respect to the camera) to the angle when it is dark, you should be able to see through the polarizer fine... :) but it might not be practical depending on the shot you want.

interesting, i just did a shoot yesterday in the snow (snowboard competition) i wear polarized sunglasses 100% of the time when i'm outside (i have a condition called uveitis (UV-eye-tus), which is extreme sensitivity to bright light) so I have to wear them or i go blind.... i had no issues seeing though.... and they are pretty dark glasses...

I had not thought of hunting for some non-polarized glasses. Never even had remembered that mine were polarized so I looked, and sure enough they are. So they seem to not like my polarizer on the camera. So time to look at all the others I have and see if any are not. Thanks for the help.

Eric

if you have two polarizers oriented at 90degrees to one another, no light will get through, if they are aligned, it will be no different than one polarizer. It all depends on how your polarizer on the lens is oriented. But all that said, I think you should just get new glasses or take them off when you have a polarizer on your lens.

No mater how they are aligned you will always run into problems, because you have a circular polarizer on your camera, and your glasses are a linear polarizer.

Polarized glasses are a big problem if you ride a motorcycle with a helmet and face shield (you bikers do wear a helmet, right? lol). The face shield partially plane polarizes the light and causes a most distracting rainbow effect with polarized glasses.

Most reactions

Back