Sonoms Regional Park, Late Summer

What Is Your Primary Objective When Composing A Photo

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

crotograph

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I have been re-organizing my photos and going through last summers shoots. For those who would like to see the results of my old Mamiya m645 I have placed this URL here. http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c320/crotographer/36200012.jpg

This photo was taken with: Mamiya m645 110mm f4.5 Tele @ f8 1/500

This is looking northeast. About 1:00PM. I like this as it is what I try to achieve, simplicity. (WELL, I'm a pretty simple guy!:mrgreen:)

Alas, I am retiring the old cam and replacing it tomorrow with a new Mamiya RB67 Pro SD. It's been a long time coming but I now have my Darkroom completed (remodel) and have wanted the 6x7 format for quite a while.

My, that photo is HUGE!
How could you load it into Photobucket and stay with a photo this size, I wonder?
All I ever experience with Photobucket is that despite my downsizing my photos to 640x480 pixels they are still made smaller, mostly so if there are many leaves in it or other information of small things in the pictures.

With this size, that is four times as big as my monitor can show, I can only guess how you composed it for to see it, I have to scroll up and down and left to right and back and all....

To vote is difficult because I TRY (only try, mind!) to get everything right, if in any way possible. Of late, I have taken most photos digitally, so errors in exposure or framing can easily be "repaired" in the next photo, once you have immediately seen the taken one on the display. But also when I use my 35mm camera, I TRY to get everything right: composition, exposure, focus... and if "keep it simple" works for what I have chosen as my motif, then all the better.

I work with the digital stuff so lighting can be changed, cropping can fix lots of little position problems, and things can always be stamped out in PS, but for me, I find that focus (both clarity and something at the center of the photo, attention wise) are things that can't be fixed on the computer. That's what I try to get right the first time.;-)

OMG!! You guys have a LOAD of smilies! Jeez!!:stun: :pimp:

LaFoto said:
My, that photo is HUGE!
How could you load it into Photobucket and stay with a photo this size, I wonder?
All I ever experience with Photobucket is that despite my downsizing my photos to 640x480 pixels they are still made smaller, mostly so if there are many leaves in it or other information of small things in the pictures.

I am not sure how I got that photo on there. Must be all the garlic I ate. They were scared not to take it. Actually, that was from a CD that was in TIFF format and I resized it in Photoshop and converted it to JPG and uploaded it. No one told me I couldn't!

Focus and exposure are the two main ingredients to all my work. I will spend 10 minutes focusing and composing after I arrive at the exposure I want given the latitude of the particular film I'm using; B and W or colorprint or reversal. Especially with 35mm and, with MF, I probably spend the same time. Of course, not with people shots, you know, moving targets. For those I set zone of focus and then let people walk into the zone. Similar to what sports photographers do.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back