Sonoms Regional Park, Late Summer

Discussion in 'General Gallery' started by crotograph, Nov 29, 2005.

?

What Is Your Primary Objective When Composing A Photo

Poll closed Jan 28, 2006.
  1. Get It Right

40.0%
  2. Proper Light Values

40.0%
  3. Keep It Simple

10.0%
  4. Great Focus

30.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. crotograph

crotograph TPF Noob!

I have been re-organizing my photos and going through last summers shoots. For those who would like to see the results of my old Mamiya m645 I have placed this URL here. http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c320/crotographer/36200012.jpg

This photo was taken with: Mamiya m645 110mm f4.5 Tele @ f8 1/500

This is looking northeast. About 1:00PM. I like this as it is what I try to achieve, simplicity. (WELL, I'm a pretty simple guy!:mrgreen:)

Alas, I am retiring the old cam and replacing it tomorrow with a new Mamiya RB67 Pro SD. It's been a long time coming but I now have my Darkroom completed (remodel) and have wanted the 6x7 format for quite a while.

2. LaFoto

LaFoto Just Corinna in real life Staff Member Supporting Member

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    My, that photo is HUGE!
    How could you load it into Photobucket and stay with a photo this size, I wonder?
    All I ever experience with Photobucket is that despite my downsizing my photos to 640x480 pixels they are still made smaller, mostly so if there are many leaves in it or other information of small things in the pictures.

With this size, that is four times as big as my monitor can show, I can only guess how you composed it for to see it, I have to scroll up and down and left to right and back and all....

To vote is difficult because I TRY (only try, mind!) to get everything right, if in any way possible. Of late, I have taken most photos digitally, so errors in exposure or framing can easily be "repaired" in the next photo, once you have immediately seen the taken one on the display. But also when I use my 35mm camera, I TRY to get everything right: composition, exposure, focus... and if "keep it simple" works for what I have chosen as my motif, then all the better.

3. Eightball Walker

Eightball Walker TPF Noob!

I work with the digital stuff so lighting can be changed, cropping can fix lots of little position problems, and things can always be stamped out in PS, but for me, I find that focus (both clarity and something at the center of the photo, attention wise) are things that can't be fixed on the computer. That's what I try to get right the first time.;-)

OMG!! You guys have a LOAD of smilies! Jeez!!:stun: :pimp:

4. crotograph

crotograph TPF Noob!